Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / In portal simply doesn't work / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In portal simply doesn't work (5)

Posted: 11/24/2013 6:29:48 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have to admit this is the most complicated CMS I've ever tried to install, and after many attempts, I still haven't done it.
I'm using cpanel on my own reseller account, I have all the correct requirements, have tried all php versions from 5.2 to 5.5.
As I go through the install process, it gets to a point where it asks for my password to continue, then asks to select an option such as reinstall, change licence etc.
But I don't want to do any of those, I just want to finish the installation.
Assuming that means the script is installed, I go to the home page to find nothing but a blank page.
So then I go to admin, and it wants my username or email address and password.
Although I've given it a password, at no point during the install did it ask me to provide a username, so I can't even log in as admin.
Why the blank pages and how do I log in as admin?

Edit: reinstalled it for the umpteenth time, and now I've got both homepage and admin page saying 'Unknown or disabled language'.

I've installed hundreds if not thousands of scripts in the past, and never seen anything as dysfunctional as this. Giving up on it, it's done nothing but waste my time.

Posted: 11/25/2013 2:30:27 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

What version are you installing and along with which modules?

Also it seems, that you have some unfinished installation and trying to install again (based on "Reinstall" option shown). I recommend to:

1. remove /system/config.php file
2. empty used database
3. go to http://your-website.com/core/install.php
4. proceed with the installation

Please use PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4.

Posted: 11/25/2013 5:45:34 AM

Reply Quoted  

alex wrote:11/25/2013 2:30:27 AM
Hi,

What version are you installing and along with which modules?

Also it seems, that you have some unfinished installation and trying to install again (based on "Reinstall" option shown). I recommend to:

1. remove /system/config.php file
2. empty used database
3. go to http://your-website.com/core/install.php
4. proceed with the installation

Please use PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4.

Well I did reinstall, that's when I got the message about the language being unknown or disabled.
I checked the database to find it's set to English, but I can't find any language files in the script.
I'm running the latest version, 5.2 using php 5.3.
The problem is that I deleted everything and really I can't go through this all again. I can't count the amount of times I've attempted this over the last two weeks, and I was supposed to have finished by today.
The honest truth about installing in portal goes like this:
Download from your site, upload via cpanel, extract the zipped folder to find all the folders are set at 777 and all files are set to 666.
Either spend all day going through every file and folder changing permissions, or try this shortcut:
Connect via winscp and set the root folder to 644 and select the recursive option, which will set all files and folders to 644.
Wait half an hour, then connect via net2ftp. Select the root folder and change permisions to 755 and set it to chmod all folders to 755.
Wait another half hour or so, then you'll find all folders are 755, and all files are 644.
Now to continue...go to your web page in your browser start following the procedure, find an error message saying installation can't continue. Change php version to find error message has gone but another ones appeared.
Contact host, explain the problem, wait an hour or so for a reply asking which domain you're trying to install at, because for some reason he hasn't noticed that you've already given him the domain name.
Wait another or so, to find a message saying 'which time zone would you like to set, Chicago?'
No, I'm in the UK.
Wait another hour or so to find it all works now.
Continue with installation following ALL instructions carefully.
When finished, go to home page and find a blank page with only an error message saying language missing or disabled. Try to log in as admin even though you have no idea what the admin username is, because nowhere during the installation were you asked to provide one.
Even still it doesn't matter because when you get to the admin page, it simply say's the same, language pack unknown or missing.
Give up, delete everything, have a moan on forum, have another coffee to help keep awake after spending all night on your last final attempt, take no notice of the fact that someone on this forum has responded, trying to be helpful, and browse the internet for another script that may do the job instead.
Honest to God, I can't go without completing this moan: It's the worse installation routine I've ever encountered, which doesn't inspire much confidence in the script itself. If it's this much bother installing it, how complex will it be to use it?

Posted: 11/30/2013 7:53:11 PM

Reply Quoted  

I attempted to download In Portal about a year ago. My install didn't work. I tried again today, and it still doesn't work. Please--ANYBODY--help me install In Portal on my server so I can see if it will work for my purpose. Please refer me to someone else if you can't help. I will pay for the help! dgward@hotmail.com

Posted: 11/30/2013 7:53:48 PM

Reply Quoted  

I attempted to download In Portal about a year ago. My install didn't work. I tried again today, and it still doesn't work. Please--ANYBODY--help me install In Portal on my server so I can see if it will work for my purpose. Please refer me to someone else if you can't help. I will pay for the help! dgward@hotmail.com 541-806-4076