- In-Portal is managed through a web browser. You'll need a major web browser (such as Internet Explorer, FireFox, etc.) and an Internet connection to be able to work with In-Portal.
- In-Portal software runs on a web server. In-Portal is designed to work on most hosting platforms: virtual hosting accounts or dedicated servers. Below you'll find a list of minimum and recommended server-side (server) as well as user-side (client) requirements.
- Should you have any questions regarding a particular hosting platform or configuration, please don’t hesitate to post your questions on the forum. Intechnic Corporation also provides hosting solutions that are optimized specifically for the use with In-Portal.
- In-Portal's Front-end is completely template based and it's compatibility with various browsers depends on the design implementation. The Default theme supplied with In-Portal distribution is compatible with Microsoft IE version 6.0 and higher, and FireFox version 3.0 and higher, Chrome 4.0 and higher and other popular browsers.
- In-Portal's Administrative Console requires Microsoft IE 7.0 or higher or FireFox 3.0 or higher with Java Script enabled, in order to be able to utilize all of its features. You may be able to use older browsers; however, your experience may be limited, as some of the older browsers do not support all of the features utilized by the Administrative Console.
- You'll need a Web Server (with PHP configured correctly) and a MySQL Database Server in order to run In-Portal:
- Apache (Recommended)
• In-Portal will work on Apache 1.3 or Apache 2.x running on UNIX/Linux, OS X, or Windows. The majority of In-Portal installations are running on Apache.
• You can use the Apache "mod_rewrite" extension to allow for SEO-friendly URLs.
- Microsoft IIS
• In-Portal will also work on IIS 5, IIS 6, or IIS 7 if PHP is configured correctly.
• For clean URLs you can use the Microsoft’s URL Rewrite Module or a third party solution, but we recommend using Apache with "mod_rewrite" for the best results.
Note: In-Portal is designed to run on all popular web servers but we recommend either Apache or IIS.
- In-Portal requires a MySQL Database server, minimum version 4.1 or higher. Recommended: MySQL version 5.1 or higher.
- In-Portal supports MyISAM and InnoDB table types. Support for NDB tables (MySQL Cluster). Database Master/Slave configuration is currently in Beta and will be officially released soon.
- In-Portal requires PHP 5.2 or higher. It is recommended to use the latest stable release of PHP.
- The following PHP extensions are also recommended to make the full use of In-Portal’s features:
• GD – image handling library; (or ImageMagic);Memory Limit:
• FreeType – required for CAPTCHA;
• Regular Expressions support;
• Zlib compression – required to decrease the amount of transferred data;
• Memcache - interface to highly effective caching daemon.
• eAccelerator or Zend Optimizer 3.0 (or higher) is recommended for high traffic websites.
memory_limit = 24MB - minimum amount of PHP memory required by the system core.
memory_limit = 32MB - recommended amount of PHP memory.
This parameter can be changed:
- By editing the file php.ini directly;
- From within a script by calling ini_set("memory_limit", "32M");
- In the file .htaccess using the directive: php_value memory_limit 32M.
- Apache (Recommended)
- The Marketplace Fairness Act and Ecommerce – What Effects to Expect
- 10 Keys to Successful Prospect Email Marketing
- How to Set SMART Business Goals for a Business Website
- The Internet: God’s Gift to April Fool's Jokes
- Why Your Website Hosting Should Be in The Cloud
- Coming Soon, Gaining Now: Tips for Effective Coming Soon Pages
- What Does the Facebook Redesign Mean for Businesses?
- How to Search for a Stellar Domain Name for Your Business Website