Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / licence file upload when installing 5,0,2 / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

licence file upload when installing 5,0,2 (4)

Posted: 01/20/2010 7:44:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

I just made a fresh install, and the licence upload doesn't work at all when I try to upload a licence coming from in-portal.com (Invalid License File), while it works perfectly when using the licence file downloaded from in-portal.net :)

Following this, on the first-time admin loading after complete setup, the left menu is blank, I needed to logout and login again.

Finally, is it a definitive choice to remove the standard default theme, for a simple content one? A new user won't be able to test anuything more than CMS functions...

Phil.

Posted: 01/20/2010 4:13:16 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Phil,

Thanks for your questions - total of 3

Let's try to keep issues posted in corresponding categories.

1. Installation issue:

Please list the modules that you are using on the installation.

2. Installation issue:

Please list the modules that you are using on the installation.

Also, if you believe there is a bug please report a bug in In-Portal Bugs group including your screenshots. Note that screenshots can be attached ONLY when you email in-portal-bugs@googlegroups.com directly.

Keep in mind that following steps from Testing & Reporting Bugs guide will help us a lot and speed up the process.

Lastly you might want to open a support ticket if it's an urgent issue and you have support for that license of course.

Just for a reference I did test In-Portal 5.0.2 with In-Commerce 5.0.2 and not issues.

3. General question:

Our goal is to simplify In-Portal CMS so it's easy to start with. If you are advanced enough to manage Advanced theme - you are welcome to download it from the Themes at any point. Shortly we'll be

To be honest this last question should be broadly discussed and VOTED on in our In-Portal Community Team group so we have multiple opinions.

I personally see NO issues with having it default distribution, but we also wanted all Themes to developed separately from In-Portal and modules themselves.

I hope it answers your questions for now!

Cheers!

Posted: 01/20/2010 5:34:02 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry,

let's stay on the licence upload.

I have been able to fix my problem by uploading a licence file from in-portal.net, and thus I just report this as a problem that other users could encounter.

Phil.

Posted: 01/21/2010 8:22:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

phil wrote:01/20/2010 5:34:02 PM
Hi Dmitry,

let's stay on the licence upload.

I have been able to fix my problem by uploading a licence file from in-portal.net, and thus I just report this as a problem that other users could encounter.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your report!

There was a problem with the file served from In-Portal.com indeed! The license file had 2 extra new lines before the actual code - all fixed now.

Cheers!