Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / How to do mass data import? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

How to do mass data import? (3)

Posted: 09/07/2005 6:19:36 PM

Reply Quoted  

hi,

i'm thinking about how to import 100K links into the database. as i saw, there is NO CSV import feature. in my opinion the most needed import standard feature is missing... :-(

next idea is to import CSV files into the database directly via the myPHPAdmin tool.

Q: is it possible to import the links into table "inp_link"?
Q: which fileds has to be filled (minimum requirements)?
Q: what else tables has to be updated/reorganized?
Q: which field has the category ID?
Q: what is the meaning of "ResourceID" and "OrgID"?

most important question: when will be a standard CVS import feature implemented?

thanks in advance,
harald

Posted: 09/08/2005 10:15:39 AM

Reply Quoted  

crazyharry wrote:09/07/2005 6:19:36 PM
hi,

i'm thinking about how to import 100K links into the database. as i saw, there is NO CSV import feature. in my opinion the most needed import standard feature is missing... :-(

next idea is to import CSV files into the database directly via the myPHPAdmin tool.

Q: is it possible to import the links into table "inp_link"?
Q: which fileds has to be filled (minimum requirements)?
Q: what else tables has to be updated/reorganized?
Q: which field has the category ID?
Q: what is the meaning of "ResourceID" and "OrgID"?

most important question: when will be a standard CVS import feature implemented?

thanks in advance,
harald

Hello Harald,

I believe it's already covered through the support ticket.

Feel free to let me know if you need any other help on this.

Thanks

Posted: 09/08/2005 11:27:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

thank you Dmitry,

you are right, you gave me a good introduction. now have to do my homework... :-)

best regards,
harald