Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Question / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Question (5)

Posted: 11/18/2004 11:19:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Whats the point in charging for inportal when it can do nothing on it's own ? I could see charging for it if the news feature was included.

Am I the only one thats unhappy that news was not included in the basic package ? I can understand charging for the forums module, Just can't see how it can be a portal without the news.

And sence it is not a included mod, we need to be able to pick what mod is the home page.

Just my 2 cents

Posted: 11/19/2004 5:57:24 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:471ad292a2="tundra96"]Whats the point in charging for inportal when it can do nothing on it's own ? I could see charging for it if the news feature was included.

Am I the only one thats unhappy that news was not included in the basic package ? I can understand charging for the forums module, Just can't see how it can be a portal without the news.

And sence it is not a included mod, we need to be able to pick what mod is the home page.

Just my 2 cents[/quote:471ad292a2]

Hi Tundra,

I'm not sure where you received your information but In-Portal is free.
Take a look here http://www.in-portal.net/store/product_catalog.html

The core product (In-Portal) is free, along with free installation help if needed.

To add on one of the 3 modules currently available costs money.

If you were a registered user of In-Link prior to the release of In-Portal you automatically have an upgrade license good for 1 year for the release of In-Portal and In-Links.3

https://www.intechnic.com/myaccount/index.php?t=index&r=1&

Only a first time buyer would have to pay to actually get a site up and running using the In-Portal Package.

I hope this helps to clarify how it works.
Pavel, Dmitry, other Intechnic staff ... correct me if I'm wrong.

Anthony

Posted: 11/19/2004 9:24:18 AM

Reply Quoted  

I guess my point is we really did not get anything for waiting so long, In fact now as an old customer if I get all the mods I end up paying more then a new customer.

my total cost would be 335.00 (including what I allready paid for in-link)

Posted: 11/19/2004 3:04:45 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello tundra96,

Anthony is absolutely right. As an old customer, you get a free year of support and upgrades for the module that you currently own, In-link. I don’t think your take on the price is entirely accurate. You would only have to pay an additional $140, while a new user would have to purchase all three modules. The fact that there is a new package discount, which was not available when you bought In-link2, does not really take anything away from what you already have.

It's similar to buying a computer in 2002 for $2K, when now in 2004 you can buy a better one for $1.5K. The computer that you bought did not get any worse over the two years, did it? :wink:

I guess the bottom line is that markets change, and prices change, not only in our industry but in the economy in general. We cannot guarantee that we will keep the prices for every product the same forever. What we promise, however, is that we will treat all current and future customers fairly, and that we will stand by our products and support.

Posted: 11/25/2004 5:30:57 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote="my total cost would be 335.00 (including what I allready paid for in-link)[/quote]

what I should have said was

my total cost would be 335.00 (including what I paid for in-link) After all we didn't get in-link free