Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / IN-PORTAL ALIVE AND KICKING! / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

IN-PORTAL ALIVE AND KICKING! (9)

Posted: 06/17/2003 5:15:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I was surfing around on your new site.
And I bump into In-portal...atleast some off your clients is using In-portal right?

http://www.waterfowler.com/inportal/index.php

Is this what it looks like???
I love it.
When is it our turn...

Regards
Andy

Oh thanks for the fast help yesterday I got your replay within 5 minutes.

Posted: 06/18/2003 2:59:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Andy,

Indeed this client's site is based on In-portal. However, it would be wrong to say that it is "In-portal in action", since the site was so heavily customized, that only the general structure remained from In-portal. Most of the front-end functionality was custom written, as well as the majority of the user/subscription management code.

Posted: 06/19/2003 1:36:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Pavel,

Nevermind I'll understand.
Crab the guys code.
All together... Zip it.
Put it in download section.
In-portal is ready to go!

Just a joke

I'll just sit and wait.
Take it easy...

Regards
Andy

Posted: 07/04/2003 4:17:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Are those basically the In-portal forums, Pavel? If so, I'll be very happy. :smile:

s~

Posted: 07/04/2003 5:07:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Yes, as I said the entire site is built on In-portal (except for banner adds).

But it is not production In-portal, rather a custom version.

Posted: 07/07/2003 10:26:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hmm, if that is how in-portal will be, then this is very very worrying. As far as search engine optimization, Google and other search engines will NOT spider and index these pages. Take a look at the URLs, they are very long and contain variables that I have never seen before. This is bad for the search engine and end users.

I hope you guys had the search engines in mind when you were designing in-portal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tariqali on 2003-07-07 10:29 ]</font>

Posted: 07/07/2003 11:00:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Guys, please understand what I am saying: this is NOT what the production In-portal will look like. Please don't make any assumptions based on what you see on that site.

We are very aware of the need to be SE-friendly, and are working on it. As you know, it's not straightforward with any dynamic site (without using Apache's mod_rewrite, which we are staying away from, since it is a server-side fix and cannot be used by all users).

Posted: 07/08/2003 11:01:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Ok Pavel.
Just when I looked at the URLs it scared me.

But I am glad you guys are aware of this and I am sure you will come up with a great peoduct :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tariqali on 2003-07-08 11:01 ]</font>

Posted: 07/12/2003 7:15:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

To Pavel and team,

Sorry I started the discussion about one of your clients. I did not mean to kick some but! Let's forget about In-portal...and give me some hand here:
http://support.intechnic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=2681&forum=8&6

Sincerely,

@ndy