Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal Modules / In-Newz – News Management / Captcha for Guests in News Comments / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Captcha for Guests in News Comments (5)

Posted: 07/22/2015 11:06:43 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Community,
I have just installed the IN-Portal CMS and have a question. Can you somehow Captcha for guests in the comments to install.

I refer to the comments in the news on the website. Without the Cpatcha there may be much spam. How can you do it? Is there a way with the Captcha? Thank you in advance.

Posted: 07/22/2015 12:53:36 PM

Reply Quoted  

Captcha is only supported for following pages:

* user registration
* contact us form submission

Posted: 07/22/2015 11:28:12 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,
many thanks for your response. And a question I have? One can only comment once the news articles and the IN-Portal CMS. If you want to write as members two comments in succession, it is not working. I appears that I have already commented.

As a guest, it is exactly the same. How can I change it, I want to comment on my own article several times and complement the information. Thank you in advance.

Posted: 07/23/2015 4:43:53 AM

Reply Quoted  

AlexL wrote:07/22/2015 11:28:12 PM
Hello,
many thanks for your response. And a question I have? One can only comment once the news articles and the IN-Portal CMS. If you want to write as members two comments in succession, it is not working. I appears that I have already commented.

As a guest, it is exactly the same. How can I change it, I want to comment on my own article several times and complement the information. Thank you in advance.

System doesn't count how many comments you've created, but rather how often you're posting them to protect against spam. The setting, that controls that is located in "Configuration > News > Output" section in Admin Console and is called: "Allow Duplicate Reviews: " (see http://screencast.com/t/3qGnRcpMul). Internally the comments are reviews and therefore it makes sense to allow one user to post only one review.

But if you set small duplicate review interval, then people can post as much as they want.

Posted: 08/09/2015 3:41:44 AM

Reply Quoted  

I've posted an idea about Captcha usage on commenting forms here: http://community.in-portal.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=15631017