Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal Modules / In-Link – Directory Management / Video Upload / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Video Upload (4)

Posted: 05/12/2011 1:42:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I believe I have picked the right CMS system, and modules are working good. In the In-Link Directory Management, is it possible to allow users to upload videos? Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Posted: 05/13/2011 2:46:46 AM

Reply Quoted  

There are only 2 upload types possible:
* Images
* Files

Have you tried to upload under Files field in Link?

What I know for sure, that you won't get any inline video player, like on YouTube after video has been uploaded. Only a link to download it as is.

Posted: 05/13/2011 10:38:50 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I have tried to upload a short clip which is WMV format. It gives me an error with "Invalid file format". You are absolutely right what I am looking for that is the inline video play. Do you have any suggestions on how to get it work? Please advice. Thank you.

alex wrote:05/13/2011 2:46:46 AM
* Images
* Files

What I know for sure, that you won't get any inline video player, like on YouTube after video has been uploaded. Only a link to download it as is.

Posted: 05/23/2011 12:25:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

mycomm wrote:05/13/2011 10:38:50 AM
Hi,

I have tried to upload a short clip which is WMV format. It gives me an error with "Invalid file format". You are absolutely right what I am looking for that is the inline video play. Do you have any suggestions on how to get it work? Please advice. Thank you.

alex wrote:05/13/2011 2:46:46 AM
* Images
* Files

Open core/units/files/files_config.php and carefully add "'video/x-ms-wmv', " after " 'application/x-gzip', " part. See the needed block below.

'allowed_types' => Array (

'video/x-flv''video/quicktime''video/x-sgi-movie''video/mpeg',         'video/x-msvideo''video/x-msvideo''application/x-shockwave-flash''video/x-fli''application/pdf''application/msexcel''application/vnd.ms-excel''application/msword''application/mspowerpoint''application/zip''text/plain''application/x-gzip',
),