Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal Modules / In-Link – Directory Management / Hi Guys / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Hi Guys (2)

Posted: 03/31/2010 1:10:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

How you all doing?
Nice to see your face Dmitry
You went opensource.

After 10 years using In-Link with success story the site is almost dead these days. Tomorrow I'll pull the plug and wanna use the new In -Portal script on a new server.

My questions:
How do I migrate the old InLink to In-Portal on a new server? In the pass I did some coding within Inlink. Does that affect the migration? The current Data base is huge. Is there a particular way to do so?

Thanks as always

Regards,
Andy

Posted: 03/31/2010 3:14:36 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Andy,

It's good to see you around.

Yes, we launched Open Source indeed

Sure you are welcome to convert. It's been some time we had a database import script in In-Portal, but then removed it so now we only have CSV import for links.

Unfortunately, good old In-Link is not compatible with In-Portal.

Here is what I would recommend for you to do:

1. Put together a description of what you need to achieve with the new website plus basic specification so it's clear.

2. Check and find what are the things customized in terms of data if you wish to transfer one.

3. In-Portal 4.3.1 with In-Link 4.3.1 is the last version that had In-Link import in it, so you might want to get this one or something before - accessible to you.

4. Install latest In-Portal 5.0.x with In-Link somewhere aside so you can get familiar with it while doing things above.

As always we are here to help and you are welcome to ask more questions

Cheers!