Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal Modules / In-Commerce – Shopping Cart / missing order / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

missing order (3)

Posted: 01/02/2011 12:51:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

we've had payment notification from paypal for an order placed on the site but it doesn't appear in the pending, or any other of the orders tabs so we have no idea what the customer has ordered. i've just done a test order using paypal which has dropped into the 'incomplete' tab.

the ordering works fine for 'cheque/bacs' payments (which are our only 2 payment methods.

any ideas anyone - the site is newly live and this is on of the first orders we've had outside of testing.

More importantly as well is the 58000+ what appear to be dummy orders which are in the incomplete orders tab. very few of these have any actual product and none have payment or contact details. What are these - spam? google? and is there an easy way to mass delete these?

thanks

Posted: 01/03/2011 12:12:22 PM

Reply Quoted  

lionfish wrote:01/02/2011 12:51:40 PM
we've had payment notification from paypal for an order placed on the site but it doesn't appear in the pending, or any other of the orders tabs so we have no idea what the customer has ordered. i've just done a test order using paypal which has dropped into the 'incomplete' tab.

the ordering works fine for 'cheque/bacs' payments (which are our only 2 payment methods.

any ideas anyone - the site is newly live and this is on of the first orders we've had outside of testing.

More importantly as well is the 58000+ what appear to be dummy orders which are in the incomplete orders tab. very few of these have any actual product and none have payment or contact details. What are these - spam? google? and is there an easy way to mass delete these?

thanks

Many incomplete orders are created because of google indexing of website. We've forgot to add rel="nofollow" attribute all HTML links in all themes, that have resulted in such behavior.

PayPal orders appear in Incomplete status, because you've probably have .htaccess locked access to website and PayPal notification script (gw_notify.php file) can't get through (see your webserver access log about that).

After that PayPal orders will go to Processed tab. If you need them to go to Pending tab, then set "Shipping Mode" to other, then "Pre-Authentificate" value.

Posted: 01/05/2011 3:06:06 AM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks for the suggestions Alex. I'll look into them. Any idea how what i need to do to 'unlock' the .htaccess to allow for paypal communication? is it just a permissions setting?

thanks
:)