Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal Modules / In-Bulletin – Discussion Forum / Unlock Forum / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Unlock Forum (3)

Posted: 03/21/2015 2:29:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

The forum on my website says "Forum is locked for posting", how do I unlock so members can post in the forum? I tried to change the permissions, however, it still says Forum locked for posting.

John

Posted: 03/21/2015 3:00:34 PM

Reply Quoted  

A screenshot would really help in this case.

I presume you have following category structure in "Structure & Data" section in Admin Console:

/Forums/
-- / Category 1
-- / Category 2

And then users can add more topics to the "Category 1" and "Category 2" but not "Forums" category directly.

Posted: 03/21/2015 8:49:03 PM

Reply Quoted  

alex wrote:03/21/2015 3:00:34 PM
A screenshot would really help in this case.

I presume you have following category structure in "Structure & Data" section in Admin Console:

/Forums/
-- / Category 1
-- / Category 2

And then users can add more topics to the "Category 1" and "Category 2" but not "Forums" category directly.

Thank you Alex for the quick reply. I almost have it figured out. When I created the Main categories, and sub categories, I don't see place to click on that says "new post" like the forums here.

John