Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Ability to Crawl A Website / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Ability to Crawl A Website (2)

Posted: 09/15/2015 2:32:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

When populating the directory, I would the ability to crawl a website retrieving the meta tag information, website description etc. instead of having to type in manually. If this feature is already available, please let me know how to perform this task.

Thanks

John

Posted: 09/16/2015 2:38:41 AM

Reply Quoted  

There are "Meta Description" and "Meta Keywords" fields on article adding/editing page that you can use.

I'm not sure though if data entered in there would actually be used on article detail page on Front-End in META HTML tags.

If it won't you need to:

1. open "/platform/elements/html_head.elm.tpl" template
2. locate following lines:

<meta name="Description" content="<inp2:st_PageInfo type='meta_description'/>" />
<
meta name="Keywords" content="<inp2:st_PageInfo type='meta_keywords'/>" />

3. replace them with following:

<inp2:m_if check="m_IsActive" template="in-news/articles/article_detail">
    <
meta name="Description" content="<inp2:n_Field name='MetaDescription'/>" />
    <
meta name="Keywords" content="<inp2:n_Field name='MetaKeywords'/>" />
<
inp2:m_else/>
    <
meta name="Description" content="<inp2:st_PageInfo type='meta_description'/>" />
    <
meta name="Keywords" content="<inp2:st_PageInfo type='meta_keywords'/>" />
<
/inp2:m_if>