Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Blogging Module / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Blogging Module (4)

Posted: 09/13/2015 11:31:06 AM

Reply Quoted  

I would like to see a blogging module or ability to create a blog similar to Wordpress.

Posted: 09/13/2015 1:39:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

I don't feel that reinventing a wheel would help anyone.

Just use WordPress together with In-Portal. We've developed quite a few websites where they play nice together (e.g. WordPress using In-Portal templates for them to have identical look).

Posted: 09/15/2015 1:43:28 PM

Reply Quoted  

alex wrote:09/13/2015 1:39:07 PM

Just use WordPress together with In-Portal. We've developed quite a few websites where they play nice together (e.g. WordPress using In-Portal templates for them to have identical look).

I have a VPS server. Do I load Wordpress onto the same server with In-portal than install the In-Portal template onto Wordpress? Will I still get the same features from In-Portal such as forums, Directory, In-Commerce etc?

Thanks

John

Posted: 10/16/2015 1:49:27 AM

Reply Quoted  

John wrote:09/15/2015 1:43:28 PM
alex wrote:09/13/2015 1:39:07 PM

I have a VPS server. Do I load Wordpress onto the same server with In-portal than install the In-Portal template onto Wordpress? Will I still get the same features from In-Portal such as forums, Directory, In-Commerce etc?

Thanks

John

My apologies for late reply.

You install wordpress into /blog/ sub-folder into folder where In-Portal is installed.

There is another post about In-Portal with WordPress integration at http://www.in-portal.com/forums/in-portal-cms/need-help/bb_4266.html