Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / In-commerce question / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In-commerce question (7)

Posted: 05/09/2008 11:33:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Dmitry,

I'm thinking about purchase In-commerce to sell photo's online.
But before I'll do so it needs some changes in the script.
Is it possible to do some scripting by you for me like showing exif info in the Description field, automatically out of the photo?

-Is it possible to bulk upload via ftp and the photo's will display automatically in a category.
-Watermark photo's when showing large thumbs. Height and weight of thumbs custom adjustable by myself
- When a costumer check out he or she will than get the original photo file from around 50mb or so.
I want this In-commerce script I have tried free stuff like 'Gallery' and it's no good for me. And besides of that I'm still running In-Link so I have more confidence in you. Please do reply. All the best....sincerely

Andy

Posted: 05/09/2008 12:02:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

Nasigoreng wrote:05/09/2008 11:33:55 AM
Hello Dmitry,

Is it possible to do some scripting by you for me like showing exif info in the Description field, automatically out of the photo?

-Is it possible to bulk upload via ftp and the photo's will display automatically in a category.
-Watermark photo's when showing large thumbs. Height and weight of thumbs custom adjustable by myself
- When a costumer check out he or she will than get the original photo file from around 50mb or so.
I want this In-commerce script I have tried free stuff like 'Gallery' and it's no good for me. And besides of that I'm still running In-Link so I have more confidence in you. Please do reply. All the best....sincerely

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for asking, yes most of what you need is already there. All images will be represented as Products.

Please find your questions addressed below:

1. Yes, EXIF info can be retrieved. Can you please specify which image you want it get the info from?

2. There is Product Import from CSV and most of the things can be imported automatically with general fields (ie, Product Name, SKU, Local Thumbnail Path) specified in that file. There some more things that I addressed below.

3. Watermarks are built-in (added on the fly when shown).

4. Auto-resizing is on the fly.

5. In a perfect world you need to the ability to specify Product Download File info like path/name, size (will be Image file in your case) during the CSV Product Import. By default we don't have this in our Product Import, but I think this can be created. The actual files will be uploaded by you via FTP.

Let me know what you think.

Posted: 05/09/2008 1:08:02 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:05/09/2008 12:02:43 PM
Nasigoreng wrote:05/09/2008 11:33:55 AM
Hello Dmitry,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for asking, yes most of what you need is already there. All images will be represented as Products.

Please find your questions addressed below:

1. Yes, EXIF info can be retrieved. Can you please specify which image you want it get the info from?

2. There is Product Import from CSV and most of the things can be imported automatically with general fields (ie, Product Name, SKU, Local Thumbnail Path) specified in that file. There some more things that I addressed below.

3. Watermarks are built-in (added on the fly when shown).

4. Auto-resizing is on the fly.

5. In a perfect world you need to the ability to specify Product Download File info like path/name, size (will be Image file in your case) during the CSV Product Import. By default we don't have this in our Product Import, but I think this can be created. The actual files will be uploaded by you via FTP.

Let me know what you think.

======

Hello Dmitry,

Okay Perfect so far...

1. The exif from all images so thus not particularly from 1 photo but all photo's I add. If you mean thumb image I mean all photo's I add. These images are jpeg files off course. The exif comes in the 'Description' field. This information must not display in photo when you click to enlarge picture. [Lightbox look a like]

5. Here is the situation. I'm on a race track shooting Bikes at hi-speed. After the race I upload photo's via ftp. This dir/path are original files that can not be access thru web only by chek out after payment. I'm asking you to think and come with a solution for what is the best way to accomplished that I like the perfect world.

After all it needs some fine tuning to get what I want.....I do not mint at all.
Turn In-commerce looks like Digital stock photos like http://www.gettyimages.com
Hope you understand...

Regards,
Andy

Posted: 05/12/2008 11:46:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Andy,

Sorry about some delay with replying.

Yes, I clearly understand what you are looking for. Both things are possible with In-commerce, but some custom work will be required.

More specifically:
1. making bulk product import support Path for File Download
2. processing and displaying EXIF information.

Additional question on the last thing, this info can be gathered and displayed to the customer from the Image thumbnail that will be also uploaded by you on the server.

Thanks.

Posted: 05/15/2008 11:01:32 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:05/12/2008 11:46:24 PM
Hello Andy,

Sorry about some delay with replying.

Yes, I clearly understand what you are looking for. Both things are possible with In-commerce, but some custom work will be required.

More specifically:
1. making bulk product import support Path for File Download
2. processing and displaying EXIF information.

Additional question on the last thing, this info can be gathered and displayed to the customer from the Image thumbnail that will be also uploaded by you on the server.

Thanks.

Okay,

For further contact and questions, scripting and purchase I will send you by mail.

Thank you again.

Andy

Posted: 05/16/2008 7:02:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Andy,

Great, please contact me directly via Support System.

Thanks.

Posted: 05/21/2008 2:32:50 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:05/16/2008 7:02:25 PM
Hi Andy,

Great, please contact me directly via Support System.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your help and installation support. The site is up and running. Now I'm test driving it. I'll get back to you. Thanks again

Regards,
Andy