Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / in-news RSS feeds / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

in-news RSS feeds (7)

Posted: 07/05/2006 8:59:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi guys

Can you give an example of how we can incorporate RSS feeds into our website?

Thanks!:grin:

Posted: 07/06/2006 10:19:41 AM

Reply Quoted  

xkchung wrote:07/05/2006 8:59:43 PM
Hi guys

Can you give an example of how we can incorporate RSS feeds into our website?

Thanks!:grin:

Hello,

Do you have In-portal with In-newz module installed yet?

Thanks.

Posted: 07/06/2006 10:29:48 AM

Reply Quoted  

Yep sure do! latest version of all modules...

Posted: 07/07/2006 8:21:50 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have begun using the RSS feature for In-News.... Nice.

Quick question, though. I can't get In-News to show links to the originating article.

See the example here:

http://www.gonoblesville.com/in-portal/default/news/indystar_com_headlines_1/catindex.html

It would be very nice if the template would display the link in the category listing.

How might this be accomplished? I see In-Portal is recieving and storing the link, as I can see it in the catalog... but I don't find it displayed anywhere on the front end.

Thanks,

John

[Edited By jkelleyus on 07/07/06 8:22:24 PM]

Posted: 07/09/2006 9:07:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hey John,

I'm new to RSS but would like to include feeds on my website. Can you (or anyone else) tell me how you linked it with in-news?

Thanks! :grin:

Posted: 07/10/2006 6:11:06 PM

Reply Quoted  

xkchung wrote:07/09/2006 9:07:55 PM
Hey John,

I'm new to RSS but would like to include feeds on my website. Can you (or anyone else) tell me how you linked it with in-news?

Thanks! :grin:

Hi,

Simply go your Admin->Structure & Data->Catalog and click edit on any sub-category under News, then click to Properties and you here. Copy/Paste any RSS URL and specify the update timing.

Thanks.

Posted: 02/27/2008 4:02:06 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I just wanted to check on this and see if you got it working.

Thanks.