Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / In-Commerce: Drop Shipping features / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In-Commerce: Drop Shipping features (6)

Posted: 03/07/2006 6:34:11 PM

Reply Quoted  

Some drop-shipping features:
Ship all items separately
Ship items from the save vendor together
Mark item as shipped separately
Ability to set fixed shipping prices
Ability to set certain products to ship separately and specify weight, box length, box width and box height for it
Ability to set maximum number of that product that can fit in a box for shipping calculations
Assign product to a vendor for drop-shipping
Notify vendor of items to be shipped by him
Send emails to multiple vendors when orders are placed or filled
Ability to manually or automatically create purchase orders for drop-shipping
Create, Print, and Email a packing list (HTML and/or PDF)

Posted: 06/23/2006 5:17:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have asked for this almost 4 months ago. Is there any development on this feature? It is pretty important, most likelynot just for me.

Posted: 07/03/2006 1:48:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

hristov wrote:06/23/2006 5:17:40 PM
I have asked for this almost 4 months ago. Is there any development on this feature? It is pretty important, most likelynot just for me.

Hi Georgi,

We have implemented product specific shipping types as for the rest of features - it's on the list, but we are also working on other modules and not only the In-commerce.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

Posted: 07/03/2006 2:14:49 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:07/03/2006 1:48:55 PM
hristov wrote:06/23/2006 5:17:40 PM

Hi Georgi,

We have implemented product specific shipping types as for the rest of features - it's on the list, but we are also working on other modules and not only the In-commerce.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

I know and I respect that. The fact is that in-commerce is very new product. It has some features that make it very attractive product. However, the problem is that it still lacks some features that would make it simply outstanding. I know that feature requests will never stop. However, there areprobably some that are more important than others. There are soem that are more frequently requested than others.

The fact is that many developers would simply skip products that are lacking a major feature they require and will only put feature requests for minor improvements or easy features. I am patiently waiting for this prouct to grow a little bit and become useful for me.

I am not trying to be rude. Please excuse me of being pushy.

--Georgi

PS: The forum is puting Dmitry's signature automatically.

[Edited By hristov on 07/03/06 2:19:08 PM]

Posted: 07/06/2006 1:23:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

I'm brand new to this product and e-commerce in general. There are a plethora of shopping carts out there and after much searching, I decided on this one. It's difficult to forsee every need of a client but sure enough, the ability to perform drop-ships and multiple ships is a very real need for my first client. Being new to the software and to the process in general, I didn't think far enough ahead and am now commited to this product which I find pretty robust (if a little difficult to modify).

I would really love to have the ability to pass an order on to another supplier of a product my client will sell on the site. Is there any other way to accomplish this as it stands?

Whatever you can do to expidite the Drop-ship module would be much appriciated.

Posted: 07/06/2006 10:25:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback. It's always important for us to know what you think about the software. I can insure you that when it comes to selecting new features I'll do my best on putting the most important one ahead.

Once again thank you for taking time and posting here on the forums!