Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Vbulletin to in-vbulletin? + more other questions... / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Vbulletin to in-vbulletin? + more other questions... (2)

Posted: 02/02/2006 6:09:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dear Dimtry,

I am a very proud user of the portal. And it is an amazing product indeed. But I have the following questions:

- I have a vbulletin forum. And I want to transfer the data to my in-vbulletin. Is it possible? How? I have gone through the import option, and I could find only phpbb.

- How can I edit the title of menubar: I want to change the Forums to Discussion Board or something else. How can I change that? How can I add another button in the menu just for link? For example Music?

- Whenever some suggests a link or a password is sent to an hotmail and yahoo mail account, the emails go directly to Junk-Mail section. Any solution for that?

- I think, it is enough for now.:eek:

I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Sincerely yours,

John Nash

Posted: 02/06/2006 10:21:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dummie1 wrote:02/02/2006 6:09:14 AM
Dear Dimtry,

I am a very proud user of the portal. And it is an amazing product indeed. But I have the following questions:

- I have a vbulletin forum. And I want to transfer the data to my in-vbulletin. Is it possible? How? I have gone through the import option, and I could find only phpbb.

- How can I edit the title of menubar: I want to change the Forums to Discussion Board or something else. How can I change that? How can I add another button in the menu just for link? For example Music?

- Whenever some suggests a link or a password is sent to an hotmail and yahoo mail account, the emails go directly to Junk-Mail section. Any solution for that?

- I think, it is enough for now.:eek:

I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Sincerely yours,

John Nash

Hello Nash,

Thank you for your questions and sorry for some delay with getting back to you.

1. Unfortunately, we don't have "out of the box" import from In-bulletin due to lack of interest since most of users were migrating from phpBB. However, we'll be more then happy to offer you a good deal on this on custom project basis. Please email me directly to support@intechnic.com if you would be interested.

2. Existing titles in menu bar displayed through Langauge labels. Those can be modified in Admin->Configuration->Regional->English: Labels section. Simply look for whatever text you need to change (ie Forum) and double-click on it to make the changes. Please make sure to click green Save button to commit your changes.

The actual menu bar HTML described in "themes/default/common/pagetop.tpl" template and that's where you need to add new titles.

3. I think it's your mail box specific settings. Simple try to mark it as NOT JUNK once and it should work fine.

Thank you.