Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Question before I buy the product / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Question before I buy the product (6)

Posted: 10/22/2005 4:52:44 PM

Reply Quoted  

My organization is interested in purchasing In Portal product (In News, In bulletin, In Commerce in the future). I have a few questions:

Where/How do I go to post Articles in News? In the Admin Console?

Can I add more fields a user would need to fill-in while they register? i.e – Nationality, College Degree, Income, etc.

Can I add customize links under My Account?

Noel

Posted: 10/24/2005 11:45:45 AM

Reply Quoted  

nrijo wrote:10/22/2005 4:52:44 PM
My organization is interested in purchasing In Portal product (In News, In bulletin, In Commerce in the future). I have a few questions:

Where/How do I go to post Articles in News? In the Admin Console?

Can I add more fields a user would need to fill-in while they register? i.e – Nationality, College Degree, Income, etc.

Noel

Hello Noel,

Thank you very much for your interest in our software and your questions. I'll address them one-bu-one below:

In-newz module was designed in such way so website personnel can manage Articles through the Administration Console. There are many different properties like category lead article, site lead article, automatic archiving date and so on available for each Article you create. All this and more can be viewed through our in-line Demo (http://www.in-portal.net/demo). Please note that you only have read access on that Demo site. However we can setup a personalized Demo site for you, so you can try it before you buy it.

In regards to additional custom fields. You are not limited to the number of custom fields and create as many as you need for any module (In-link, In-bulletin, In-newz or In-commerce) or categories and users.

In-portal uses template system with HTML/In-portal tags mixed templates which can be easily modified.

Thank again and feel free to let us know if you have any addtional questions.

Posted: 10/24/2005 6:40:09 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry,

Can you please set up a personal demo for my organization? I would like to show my partner, who is non-techie.

My partner is very interested in the custom fields, especially if we can ask users for more data when they register.

If possible I would like to see the In-News, In-Bulletin and In-Commerce in the demo.

Noel Rijo
www.fronteralatina.com

Posted: 10/25/2005 9:24:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

nrijo wrote:10/24/2005 6:40:09 PM
Dmitry,

Can you please set up a personal demo for my organization? I would like to show my partner, who is non-techie.

My partner is very interested in the custom fields, especially if we can ask users for more data when they register.

If possible I would like to see the In-News, In-Bulletin and In-Commerce in the demo.

Noel Rijo
www.fronteralatina.com

Hello Noel,

We'll be more then glad to do that for you, but I have to ask you to submit your request through the following form - http://www.in-commerce.net/presentations/personal_demo.html. From my side I'll make sure to expedite the process as much as I can, but usually it won't take more then 24 hours or even less to process such request and set everything up.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Posted: 10/27/2005 6:59:56 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry,

Thanks for setting up the personal demo.

I have a few questions:

Can I add more fields a user would need to fill-in while they register? i.e – Nationality, College Degree, Income, etc. (Very Important, please let me know how, if possible)

[Edited By nrijo on 10/27/05 7:00:30 PM]

[Edited By nrijo on 10/27/05 7:01:11 PM]

Posted: 10/28/2005 11:05:51 AM

Reply Quoted  

nrijo wrote:10/27/2005 6:59:56 PM
Dmitry,

Thanks for setting up the personal demo.

I have a few questions:

Can I add more fields a user would need to fill-in while they register? i.e – Nationality, College Degree, Income, etc. (Very Important, please let me know how, if possible)

[Edited By nrijo on 10/27/05 7:00:30 PM]

[Edited By nrijo on 10/27/05 7:01:11 PM]

Hello Noel,

Sure, it's possible - we'll setup an FTP access for your Demo account and email you general guide lines how this can be done.

Let's continue this conversation via email if you don't mind. I believe we have your contact information and we'll contact you shortly today.

Thanks.