Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / new links visible without approval / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

new links visible without approval (4)

Posted: 10/12/2005 1:39:45 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I've seen that some installs of In-portal show the suggested new links at once, without pending/approval by the admin, e.g. http://www.meubel-links.nl.

Thanks
Hugo

Posted: 10/13/2005 11:57:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hugo wrote:10/12/2005 1:39:45 AM
Hi,

I've seen that some installs of In-portal show the suggested new links at once, without pending/approval by the admin, e.g. http://www.meubel-links.nl.

Thanks
Hugo

Hello Hugo,

You links probably show up without approval, because the permissions for your categories are set to allow that. To change this, try going to your 'Structure and Data'->'Catalog'->'Directory' category (or wherever your links are), selecting it, clicking 'Edit' and then clicking on the 'Permissions' tab. Select the user group that you are interested in restricting the permissions of, choose 'Edit' and then 'In-Link'. Make sure that LINK.ADD has no checks, and LINK.ADD.PENDING is set to either 'Access' or 'Inherited'.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Thanks.

Posted: 10/13/2005 1:49:06 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks

It works just fine.
I didn't find the way to enable "Suggest Category", is it done the same way?

Have a nice day!

Hugo

Posted: 10/13/2005 3:34:14 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Hugo,

The permissions for the categories are set in much the same way: select the category you want, go to 'Edit', then select the user group you want, then go to 'Edit' again. This time instead of clicking on 'In-Link', click on 'In-Portal' to display the permissions settings for the categories on your site.

I hope this helps.

[Edited By dimitarn on 10/13/05 3:35:14 PM]