Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Recommend to a friend... security issue / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Recommend to a friend... security issue (4)

Posted: 09/30/2005 10:48:03 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of adding the "Form Protector"
http://www.smiledsoft.com/demos/formprotector/index.shtml

"....
Form protector is designed to allow you easily protect your HTML forms from automated submission.
These days spammers are not only sending unsolicited emails they are also spamming in forums, guest books etc. Another treat comes from hackers who are using special software in attempt to crack passwords into your member areas like site control panels...."

I wonder about the how secure the "Recommend to a friend" is..?? Perhaps this "Form Protect" script can improve security?

Btw, which file contains the "recommend-form"?

Hugo :hm:

Posted: 10/03/2005 2:04:10 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hugo wrote:09/30/2005 10:48:03 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of adding the "Form Protector"
http://www.smiledsoft.com/demos/formprotector/index.shtml

"....
Form protector is designed to allow you easily protect your HTML forms from automated submission.
These days spammers are not only sending unsolicited emails they are also spamming in forums, guest books etc. Another treat comes from hackers who are using special software in attempt to crack passwords into your member areas like site control panels...."

I wonder about the how secure the "Recommend to a friend" is..?? Perhaps this "Form Protect" script can improve security?

Btw, which file contains the "recommend-form"?

Hugo :hm:

Hello Hugo,

Are you on In-portal or In-link2?

Thank you.

Posted: 10/11/2005 7:09:32 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote]

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi,

It's about In-portal, as a friend of mine had a "tell-a-friend" script hacked (NOT In-Link) and it was used to send spam with much trouble, almost quicked from the webhotel for this... anyway I reacted to In-Links "Suggest" script because it doesn't record i.e. the IP nor the name of the sender... is there a way to force the sender to be a registered member, and perhaps log the senders members ID?
Anyway, for the time beeing, I just thought that perhaps it is possible to integrate the use of a script such as "Form Protector" to increase security.

Posted: 10/11/2005 10:59:16 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hugo wrote:10/11/2005 7:09:32 AM
[quote]

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi,

It's about In-portal, as a friend of mine had a "tell-a-friend" script hacked (NOT In-Link) and it was used to send spam with much trouble, almost quicked from the webhotel for this... anyway I reacted to In-Links "Suggest" script because it doesn't record i.e. the IP nor the name of the sender... is there a way to force the sender to be a registered member, and perhaps log the senders members ID?
Anyway, for the time beeing, I just thought that perhaps it is possible to integrate the use of a script such as "Form Protector" to increase security.

Hello Hugo,

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll do some testing and add this feature to the list if necessary.

Thanks again!