Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Custime fields for use in search / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Custime fields for use in search (2)

Posted: 05/17/2005 4:43:15 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry!

I would like to go down the route of google local with our in-portal links directory (nothing as fabcy as geo targeting so dont worry)

Basically i want to add drop downs for both county and town/city to the add a site submission form and then have these fields be included in the search.

for example if someone enters "plumber cardiff" in the search box i would like search to return results for plumber in the description AND County or AND town/city

I had a look at the in-link search settings and noticed that custom boxes can be included in the search but i thought i would just check with you if tthey can do what i want.

If this is possible then i would appreciate if you could update the faq on adding custom fields as i have tried to get this to work but with no luck as yet!

Cheers
Brinley

[Edited By miura on 05/17/05 4:56:42 AM]

Posted: 05/19/2005 10:18:03 AM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:05/17/2005 4:43:15 AM
Hi Dmitry!

I would like to go down the route of google local with our in-portal links directory (nothing as fabcy as geo targeting so dont worry)

Basically i want to add drop downs for both county and town/city to the add a site submission form and then have these fields be included in the search.

for example if someone enters "plumber cardiff" in the search box i would like search to return results for plumber in the description AND County or AND town/city

I had a look at the in-link search settings and noticed that custom boxes can be included in the search but i thought i would just check with you if tthey can do what i want.

If this is possible then i would appreciate if you could update the faq on adding custom fields as i have tried to get this to work but with no luck as yet!

Cheers
Brinley

[Edited By miura on 05/17/05 4:56:42 AM]

Hello Brinley,

Thanks for your question. I checked in the code and it's not very easy to do due to standardized way the simple search is handled, but of course doable. This would require some customization work.

Thanks.