Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / A few questions about in-bulletin and the member system / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

A few questions about in-bulletin and the member system (5)

Posted: 04/03/2005 3:48:59 PM

Reply Quoted  

1. is there a warning system like in ipb?
2. is there a feature for reporting posts to the moderator with a button above the post like in ipb?
3. can you ban users and IP's?
4. what kind of groups can you create? is there a special group of global moderators? can you give a group access to only a part of the admin control panel?
5. can I create sub-categories and\or sub-forums?

Posted: 04/04/2005 10:18:31 AM

Reply Quoted  

killermoses wrote:04/03/2005 3:48:59 PM
1. is there a warning system like in ipb?
2. is there a feature for reporting posts to the moderator with a button above the post like in ipb?
3. can you ban users and IP's?
4. what kind of groups can you create? is there a special group of global moderators? can you give a group access to only a part of the admin control panel?
5. can I create sub-categories and\or sub-forums?

Hello Killermoses,

1. Please be more specific what do you mean by warning system. May be you are talking about new Post notification?

2. Reporting posts to moderators for validation or?

3. You can create wide type of Ban rules - buy IP (sub set), username, first name, last name, address, city and other user properties. Please refer to Admin->Community->User Ban List section. You set priority, rule type and custom Language tag for the error matched that rule.

4. On the Front end you can have as many user groups as you need with Module specific permissions on any category. We use Windows style permissions system when you can individually define actions for each category or use the inheritance. In terms of Admin permissions, you allow or disallow Admin access or set Read only permissions. Currently, we don't support permissions for access in Admin section. For complete reference you can download product manual (http://www.in-portal.net/templates/manual.pdf) and learn more about In-portal permissions system.

5. You can have as many categories and sub-categories as you'd like. The default templates were build in most common forum style when the main Forum page lists all your general categories with sub-categories underneath them. Please refer to In-portal Demo (http://www.in-portal.net/demo) to see what I am talking about.

Please feel free to let me know if you have more questions. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Posted: 04/04/2005 2:06:33 PM

Reply Quoted  

about questions 1 and 2:
1. by warning system I mean that when a user does somthing wrong we increase his warning rating...we use it to punish users who didn't do things which justify banning. the rating of the warning is between 1 and 10 so you can also use it to raise the warning level and even tell the users that when they get to a warning rating of 10 they will be baned automaticaly...and you can lower a user's warning rating as well or maybe even make it expire after a few weaks or somthing.
so do you have a similar warning system or maybe even a partial one?
2. I mean that every member can help the moderator fighting spam by pressing a simple button above a post which is probabaly spam.

also...I have 2 more questions...
3. is there an option of locking or deleting a lot of posts at once and not one at a time?
4. most f the boards have an option of making a subject "sticky"...is it the same as making a subject "editor's choice" in in-portal? if it is like sticky can I change the tempkate so that instead of the crown icon it will show somthing else before or after the subject's name?

[Edited By killermoses on 04/04/05 2:13:06 PM]

Posted: 04/06/2005 10:27:59 AM

Reply Quoted  

killermoses wrote:04/04/2005 2:06:33 PM
about questions 1 and 2:
1. by warning system I mean that when a user does somthing wrong we increase his warning rating...we use it to punish users who didn't do things which justify banning. the rating of the warning is between 1 and 10 so you can also use it to raise the warning level and even tell the users that when they get to a warning rating of 10 they will be baned automaticaly...and you can lower a user's warning rating as well or maybe even make it expire after a few weaks or somthing.
so do you have a similar warning system or maybe even a partial one?
2. I mean that every member can help the moderator fighting spam by pressing a simple button above a post which is probabaly spam.

also...I have 2 more questions...
3. is there an option of locking or deleting a lot of posts at once and not one at a time?
4. most f the boards have an option of making a subject "sticky"...is it the same as making a subject "editor's choice" in in-portal? if it is like sticky can I change the tempkate so that instead of the crown icon it will show somthing else before or after the subject's name?

[Edited By killermoses on 04/04/05 2:13:06 PM]

Hello,

Sorry about a little delay - working on In-portal release!

In regards to warning and spam control systems, we don't have those features yet. I'll make sure to add them to a which list.

3. You can do a massive topic deletion or modification through the Admin. The posts can be deleted only on Front End once you are in that topic and has permissions to do so.

4. Yes, it's very simple to do in Topic Element template. Also, we'll add a new functionality in the coming release when you can specify separate template for Editor Pick Items, so they look differently from standard once.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/06/2005 11:01:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

ok
tnx