Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / does ln-portal support hebrew / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

does ln-portal support hebrew (7)

Posted: 03/19/2005 2:13:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

does ln-portal support hebrew and can show hebrew charset/encoding (windows-1255) without any bugs?

I'll try here

שלום אנשים

Edit: I see it doesn't support it...that's too bad.....this poirtal system looked exactly like what I wanted..

[Edited By killermoses on 03/19/05 2:15:07 PM]

Posted: 03/19/2005 5:57:21 PM

Reply Quoted  

killermoses wrote:03/19/2005 2:13:05 PM
does ln-portal support hebrew and can show hebrew charset/encoding (windows-1255) without any bugs?

I'll try here

שלום אנשים

Edit: I see it doesn't support it...that's too bad.....this poirtal system looked exactly like what I wanted..

[Edited By killermoses on 03/19/05 2:15:07 PM]

Hello,

Sorry about the delay with getting back to you.

Yes, In-portal support HEBREW and all other languages. All you need is define a specific Charset for your language. This can be easily done in our next release which is comming out in a week.

Please feel free to let me know it you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Posted: 03/20/2005 8:31:21 AM

Reply Quoted  

it didn't took you that long to answer....you guys have grate support here
so you can garentee that in the next version coming in a week from now I'll be able to show hebrew without any problem?

oh..and I have 3 more questions:

1. can I do somekind of an item area ....so let's say there will be a list of items and when I enter 1 item I'll see links to it's dowonloads,pictures and so on? (an example of what I mean is here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/tocaracedriver3/preview_6120536.html)

2. is translating the forum and portal both to hebrew can be acomplished without a problem and with ease?

3. can I convert the database of phpbb to in-portal's database?

[Edited By killermoses on 03/20/05 2:19:06 PM]

Posted: 03/21/2005 11:01:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

killermoses wrote:03/20/2005 8:31:21 AM
it didn't took you that long to answer....you guys have grate support here
so you can garentee that in the next version coming in a week from now I'll be able to show hebrew without any problem?

oh..and I have 3 more questions:

1. can I do somekind of an item area ....so let's say there will be a list of items and when I enter 1 item I'll see links to it's dowonloads,pictures and so on? (an example of what I mean is here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/tocaracedriver3/preview_6120536.html)

2. is translating the forum and portal both to hebrew can be acomplished without a problem and with ease?

3. can I convert the database of phpbb to in-portal's database?

[Edited By killermoses on 03/20/05 2:19:06 PM]

Hello,

We already finalizing the new version. The new release should be available on this Friday if everything goes as planned or latest beginning of the next week.

In regards to your questions, I'll answer them in the same order:

1. If I understood you right you need to store some additional information about the Items. Besides the standard fields there is unlimited number of custom fields allowed for each Item type, such as Links (In-link), Articles (In-newz), Topics (In-bulletin) and Categories + User (both under Platform). You can easily manage custom fields in Admin and use them to store your data and later print it out on details page of that Item.

2. In-portal has special Language tools which make your translation process as easy as possible. You can check out our Demo for this. Open Admin->Configuration->Regional section and double-click on the Language. It will take you to Language properties, from there you can get to Labels and Email Events. Once on Labels section, you can search, select multiple records or simple go one by one. Also, system allows you to enter the Languages value for any unknown Language label directly from the page when unknown label is printed on any Admin page.

3. There is a import script from phpBB to In-bulletin available under Admin->Tools->Import section.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

Posted: 03/21/2005 3:24:58 PM

Reply Quoted  

so far I'm pleased with all your answers

and now 2 last questions:

1. what are the levels of categories possible...can I have categories, sub-categories and sub-sub categories or maybe even more?

2. can I setup some kind of page for a category where it will show the latest aritcle from that category and beneath the list of items....?
Somekind of a category area with news about the category

p.s I'm glad you said the next version will be out this friday...I can't wait for it

[Edited By killermoses on 03/21/05 3:25:54 PM]

Posted: 03/21/2005 6:30:22 PM

Reply Quoted  

killermoses wrote:03/21/2005 3:24:58 PM
so far I'm pleased with all your answers

and now 2 last questions:

1. what are the levels of categories possible...can I have categories, sub-categories and sub-sub categories or maybe even more?

2. can I setup some kind of page for a category where it will show the latest aritcle from that category and beneath the list of items....?
Somekind of a category area with news about the category

p.s I'm glad you said the next version will be out this friday...I can't wait for it

[Edited By killermoses on 03/21/05 3:25:54 PM]

Hello agian,

1. There is no limit on this. You can have as many levels as you want.

2. In-portal allows you to have any of three (currently) Item types underneath any category - Links, Articles or Topics. I can give you two examples of my hand - set default sorting NEW on top on the same list, or use right column (see Demo) and put there the ShortList of Articles with NEW on top. I hope it does make sense.

Thanks.

Posted: 03/22/2005 7:35:34 AM

Reply Quoted  

ok..thanks

[Edited By killermoses on 03/22/05 7:35:47 AM]