Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / File upload module / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

File upload module (2)

Posted: 02/16/2005 7:01:41 AM

Reply Quoted  

Has anyone created something like this?

I'm looking for a feature that will allow members to upload a file (zip) that then can be hosted on our server and in turn be added to In-Link after being approved.

Nothing fancy, and can be similar to "recommend a link" but with a few extra features added like:

File Name:
Browser to file (for upload from their local PC) instead of URL
Uploaders Name:
Version:
Description:

And the ability to add a few custom field to the list for future needs if required.

Anyone got something like this or can help?

Thanks
Dave

Posted: 02/16/2005 12:28:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Clootie wrote:02/16/2005 7:01:41 AM
Has anyone created something like this?

I'm looking for a feature that will allow members to upload a file (zip) that then can be hosted on our server and in turn be added to In-Link after being approved.

Nothing fancy, and can be similar to "recommend a link" but with a few extra features added like:

File Name:
Browser to file (for upload from their local PC) instead of URL
Uploaders Name:
Version:
Description:

And the ability to add a few custom field to the list for future needs if required.

Anyone got something like this or can help?

Thanks
Dave

Hello Dave,

I see what you need. Well, this would require some additional programming, since could be just done on the templates. Please contact me (support@intechnic.com) if you would be interested i us doing it for you.

In case if you prefer to do it yourself. The simplest way would be to use already existing structure and functionality of In-link module. I recommend to reuse image file upload feature, since you allowed to have unlimited number of files under one link.

Thank you.