Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Display Nr of Links with Category / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Display Nr of Links with Category (7)

Posted: 01/21/2005 8:45:18 AM

Reply Quoted  

Does In-Portal offer the possiblity to display the Nr of Links that exist within a category? Now it only shows the subcategories within the parent cat. In the Admin section it exists, but we need it on the Front end.

Posted: 01/21/2005 11:37:58 AM

Reply Quoted  

Timothy wrote:01/21/2005 8:45:18 AM
Does In-Portal offer the possiblity to display the Nr of Links that exist within a category? Now it only shows the subcategories within the parent cat. In the Admin section it exists, but we need it on the Front end.

Hello Timothy,

It wouldn't be In-portal if it couldn't do such an easy things , Open your "default/catlist/catlist_element.tpl" template and add the following tag:

<inp:cat _Field="itemcount&quot_ItemType="Link&quot/>

next to the tag which prints out the counter for sub-categories.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/22/2005 9:32:44 AM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks a lot for the kick in the right direction.
I had to modify the file "categories/catlist_element.tpl" in the directory of the theme I created to do the trick.

:grin:

Posted: 01/23/2005 11:26:27 PM

Reply Quoted  

Timothy wrote:01/22/2005 9:32:44 AM
Thanks a lot for the kick in the right direction.
I had to modify the file "categories/catlist_element.tpl" in the directory of the theme I created to do the trick.

:grin:

I am glad it worked out fine for you!

Thanks.

Posted: 07/05/2005 5:12:29 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:01/21/2005 11:37:58 AM
Timothy wrote:01/21/2005 8:45:18 AM

Hello Timothy,

It wouldn't be In-portal if it couldn't do such an easy things , Open your "default/catlist/catlist_element.tpl" template and add the following tag:

<inp:cat _Field="itemcount&quot_ItemType="Link&quot/>

Thank you.

[code]
<inp:cat _Field="itemcount" _ItemType="Link" />
[/code]
[/quote

Hi,
What is necessary to change to have the following output to show the number of "categories/links" as [B]00/00[/B] (just like it shows in the admin area (catalog) ?

Posted: 07/05/2005 5:17:15 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

What about the possiblity to display the Nr of Links and Categories that exist within a category as 00/00
Can you explain what changes are to be done?
Thanks!
Hugo

Posted: 07/05/2005 10:12:48 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hugo wrote:07/05/2005 5:17:15 AM
Hi,

What about the possiblity to display the Nr of Links and Categories that exist within a category as 00/00
Can you explain what changes are to be done?
Thanks!
Hugo

Hello Hugo,

Simply add the same tag (posted above) in the same template right after

<inp:cat _Field="subcatcount&quot_GroupOnly="1&quot/>

Thanks.