Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Forum Moderators / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Forum Moderators (3)

Posted: 12/16/2004 1:36:03 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi there, something seems quite strange in the forum section. I'm tryin' to learn how someone can be made the moderator of a certain channel I did not succede. I tried with the single user's permissions and creating a new group meant to be the moderator one, nothing I can still do about it.... I still can't see anything about it in the permission settings.

Any clue?
Fred

Posted: 12/17/2004 11:13:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

What do you mean by "moderator of a certain channel" ? If you mean one category, then you should do one of the following:

a) create a group, for moderators of that categroy (example: mod_a); edit the category, go to In-bulletin permissions and give that group rights to modify other people's topics and posts; then save all; then add the user you want to that group.
This is the preferred way; you may have more than 1 moderator-user for that category.

OR

b) edit the user, go to permissions and uncheck inheritance on one of the (user) permissions. This will create a new group, called "_username". This is a personal, private group of that user. Then go to the category and assign necessary permissions.
This is NOT a good way, because you will end up with a lot of junk "_groups" very quickly, and it will become diffuclt to manage.

Posted: 12/17/2004 4:31:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks Pavel I'll give it a try in a few hours. I think I will try the first choice... I like things to be clean as much they can be.
However I believe I tried to do that without success. Uhm... I'll tell you as soon as I can.

Thanks for your help,
Federico