Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Frontpage Password Security Using In-link / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Frontpage Password Security Using In-link (2)

Posted: 12/06/2004 10:56:15 PM

Reply Quoted  

I host with Verio using mysql and frontpage. How is the password required to access the mysql database stored when setting up inlink. Is it encrypted or stored in clear text? I am less concerned about data security because they are links afterall. But I am concered about securing the password to mysql database. Thanks!

Posted: 12/08/2004 3:30:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello poptart,

All the configuration settings of In-portal and modules are stored in config.php file which located under "root" installation of In-portal. All data stored as a text, but file has some special PHP code at the top so it can not be read from the web . The system build that way so it checks for that special code every time any page is loaded in case if was accidentally removed which is very unlikely anyway. The only way to read that file is through the FTP. I don't think encryption will help much if someone will get an access to FTP of your website. In other words, this method is pretty secure. Also, there is no way of reading or executing that file by submitting some PHP code through the forms on the Front End since everything is escaped.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.