Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Text menu / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Text menu (6)

Posted: 11/25/2004 12:40:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

Is there a way to have text menu instead of icons only in the admin panel? Trying to guess what's an icon function is a pain. The alt tag used for icons only menus works well for IEWin, but not for FireFox and Netscape.

Posted: 11/25/2004 1:25:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Manuel,

Yes, you are absolutely right that function(s) is extremely complex. Tons of JavaScript mixed with PHP code. I wouldn't suggest tomess with that at all.

Sorry, there is no "plain text" version for Admin menu/toolbar. I don't think it's really necessary. You can always use caching in order to speed up toolbar loading in your Admin panel.

Thank you, we are aware of the issue with alt tags/hints in Mozilla based browsers, but we don't have a solution yet, if there is one at all. Sorry, did our best to make the Admin Panel as cross browser compatible as possible along all the dynamic features you have.

Thank you.

Posted: 11/26/2004 8:01:17 AM

Reply Quoted  

And adding some small text as part of the icon? That can be a nice addition. Or maybe a legend of the icons functions as parte of documentation would be handy.

Posted: 11/27/2004 1:53:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Manuel,

I think i answered this to someone already... but maybe I am wrong. The manual has all of the icons described. It's not in a form of the lis, rather they are described within explanation for each section.

For example, to find out what the icons in the Image add/edit form to, read up on that section.

Adding text to icons is not an option, unfortunately - there is not enough room. That's why they are called graphical icons :wink:

Posted: 11/28/2004 4:05:47 PM

Reply Quoted  

The great thing about Firefox (as with in-portal) is that it's highly extendable.

Try using this extension:

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/popupalt

I want to add this is very controversial extension as alt isn't inteded to be used as a tool tip popup that is what the title attribute is used for.

Posted: 11/29/2004 1:21:10 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Cory,

Thank you for point to this extension. It's really works great for Firefox.