Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / import and validate scripts needed / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

import and validate scripts needed (3)

Posted: 11/18/2004 11:26:48 PM

Reply Quoted  

The one major problem with in-link has also been the fact that it times out durning a large import or link validation. I have over 100,000 links that I can't import into in-portal becouse it times out.

Can you please write a import and link validation script that we can run from ssh client ? Also when validating links we need to be able to delete all the bad ones by clicking 1 button(link) and not go through pages of links deleting a page at a time.

thanks

Posted: 11/19/2004 3:23:14 PM

Reply Quoted  

Tundra96,

The import is not supposed to time out, no matter what size of the database you have. It refreshes every time a certain amount of records is updated, and displays the progress on the progress bar. Please submit a support ticket, with login information to your administrative console, so we may troubleshoot the issue with your installation.

As far as the deletion in the validation section, we don't have a mass-delete option anywhere in the system as of yet. There is a workaround, however, which will reduce the 99% of the work. Set your View menu to display only Invalid links, and Per Page setting to 500. That way, you will be able to delete 500 links at a time by doing a Select All and delete.

Posted: 11/19/2004 3:46:18 PM

Reply Quoted  

I will submit a support ticket, thanks

Also is their a way to have inlink show as the default page and not the Welcome to In-Portal ?