Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Validating InLink/InPortal with W3C / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Validating InLink/InPortal with W3C (2)

Posted: 02/02/2003 9:49:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi there. Today I do have another question for you.

I seen that my whole site is 100% W3C validated as html4.01 transitional: all my static pages are ok for the w3c validating engine.

InLink is not: it is not validated because of the parameters passed to the php functions. As I would like to use even InPortal (with CMS module) and unfortunately I'm almost sure that things will not change with it, I'll probably have anymore validated pages in my site.

Is there a way to let the pages be valid html transitional, xhtml or whatever?

Thanks for your help,
Mr Disaster

Posted: 02/04/2003 6:03:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Ok... no reply... I found solution myself.
It's just a matter of & and & top have the pages validate even as XHTML 1.0.

Of-course even the template you build must be realized following the design guides of W3C (stylesheets for example).

However to let pages validate you must convert the & used for sending parameters to php functions to &

That's it. If ppl of Intechnic would follow these rules that would be easy to have 100% valid pages.

Hope it will be of help to someone more then me.

CU L8R,
MrDisaster