Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / New Features & Improvement Suggestions / Welcome to In-portal Forum / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Welcome to In-portal Forum (3)

Posted: 10/12/2002 3:15:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

The In-portal development team will be using this forum for public discussions of specific In-portal features and functionality. Feel free to jump in!

Posted: 10/15/2002 9:51:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

We have plans for sub-domains by metro area, like tampabay.webs411.com

We would like the system to be able to recognize the sub-domain and only return listings that are within either the area code or the zip code of a given "listing" (I don't like the word link). The category listings page (catsearch) would mirror the categories of the main directory but the listings within the categories (and sub categories) would only show up if they were within the selected area code, zip code or other information.

We would also like the ability of the administration area to more closely tie the listing with the user and be able to separate the user by the category of their listings. I believe that this is the key to marketing for listings.

Being able to contact your users by the category of their listings for feedback and marketing of that specific category from the admin section.

There needs to be more separation between a business user and a consumer that wants to be a user, with all the benefits, different themes and such. One user is too generic. There needs to be a business user and a consumer user.

A few thoughts

Posted: 10/17/2002 10:34:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Tracking subdomains and serving different content depending on which one is used can be done and we have done it in the past as In-link customizations. However, it is something that is not easy, requires some server-side configuration work and I'd say it is very specific to your project (i.e. most people do not need it) and it would be very hard for us to squeze that one on the list of "standard" features.

However, In-portal has a new comprehensive user management system that would allow you to separate users in grops that might be useful for your purposes.