Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Parse error on "startup.php" file / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Parse error on "startup.php" file (5)

Posted: 01/16/2023 4:22:45 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello everyone,

I have an error message on my web site and I can't find how to solve it.
Here is the message :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/acupunctu/www/core/kernel/startup.php on line 124

I also download from "In-Portal" the last "startup.php" file, and put it on FTP (to replace the "older" one), but I still have this error message.

Anyone faced the same pb?
Thanks for your help or advices.

Posted: 01/16/2023 7:03:15 AM

Reply Quoted  

Teemu wrote:01/16/2023 4:22:45 AM
Hello everyone,

I have an error message on my web site and I can't find how to solve it.
Here is the message :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/acupunctu/www/core/kernel/startup.php on line 124

I also download from "In-Portal" the last "startup.php" file, and put it on FTP (to replace the "older" one), but I still have this error message.

Anyone faced the same pb?
Thanks for your help or advices.

Hello,

Please answer a few questions to help me understand your situation better:

1. was everything working fine and then you started seeing this error out of nowhere?
2. what PHP version you're using?
3. what In-Portal version you're using?

If you decide to cherry-pick replace any In-Portal installation file (suspecting it might have been corrupted on the server), then please use only files from your In-Portal version and NOT the latest available file.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/16/2023 9:52:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Alex, thank you for your reply.

1. was everything working fine and then you started seeing this error out of nowhere? => yes but i don't know when it occurred

2. what PHP version you're using? = version 5.3

3. what In-Portal version you're using? => I don't remember, but in the "index.php" file I found this : "h@version $Id: index.php 14244 2011-03-16 20:53:41Z alex $"

Thank you

Posted: 01/17/2023 2:13:01 AM

Reply Quoted  

Teemu wrote:01/16/2023 9:52:23 AM
Hello Alex, thank you for your reply.

1. was everything working fine and then you started seeing this error out of nowhere? => yes but i don't know when it occurred

2. what PHP version you're using? = version 5.3

3. what In-Portal version you're using? => I don't remember, but in the "index.php" file I found this : "h@version$Id: index.php 14244 2011-03-16 20:53:41Z alex $"

Thank you

1 - I'm suspecting a PHP version was changed on a server

2 - ok

3 - that is likely In-Portal 5.2.1, but to be sure check in "Modules" table in the database

If you don't have any customizations made on your installation (PHP files uploaded via FTP were changed), then you can safely perform an upgrade to the latest In-Portal version.

Upgrading PHP into 5.4 should also help.

Posted: 01/17/2023 7:22:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Alex,

Thanks a lot for your help, it works now ! :-)

I upgraded to php5.4, and I also take the "startup.php" file from 5.2.1 version.

Have a nice day :-)