Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / comment in link section / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

comment in link section (3)

Posted: 11/25/2017 8:18:33 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi guys,

Another person seemed to register on my site and spammed all my links with comments linking to other sites. Not a big deal but Network Solutions temporarily suspended my site because when a member leaves a comment on a link this generates an email to the Admin. well I received over 300 emails and was enough to suspend my account until rectified.

does anyone know how to fix this? if not at least turn off the email notification to the admin once a comment is posted in a link?

Thoughts? Help?
Thanks
Dave

Posted: 11/26/2017 12:50:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

> does anyone know how to fix this?

What is the acceptable solution you want to have? There are paid services, that accept comment text and tell you back if it's SPAM or not. Unfortunately In-Portal doesn't support any of them out of the box.

> if not at least turn off the email notification to the admin once a comment is posted in a link?

You can disable "LINK.REVIEW.ADD" (if comment moderation is disabled) or " LINK.REVIEW.ADD.PENDING" (if comment moderation is enabled).

Posted: 11/26/2017 12:03:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

alex wrote:11/26/2017 12:50:02 AM
> does anyone know how to fix this?

What is the acceptable solution you want to have? There are paid services, that accept comment text and tell you back if it's SPAM or not. Unfortunately In-Portal doesn't support any of them out of the box.

> if not at least turn off the email notification to the admin once a comment is posted in a link?

You can disable "LINK.REVIEW.ADD" (if comment moderation is disabled) or "LINK.REVIEW.ADD.PENDING" (if comment moderation is enabled).

Thanks Alex,

So frustrating to know that there are people out there that have nothing else to do but spam/hack peoples sites for no reason. Spamming is the least of my concerns but when I get shut down by my provider because of it is another issue. I have turned off the replies and notifications on the site. Hopefully this is enough to get me back online. I cannot have a captcha on every section of my site to avoid this...;-/ is there something that I should investigate to stop these from happening? I will have to chat with Net Solutions to see how I can stop this from happening. Thanks Alex. Dave