Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / recommend to a friend side Box / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

recommend to a friend side Box (4)

Posted: 04/06/2017 1:57:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Gents,

I was wondering how I can make the "Recommend to a friend" Side box only visible to members that login vs having it displayed on the home page.

Thoughts?
Dave

Posted: 04/07/2017 2:45:28 PM

Reply Quoted  

You can achieve it by placing <inp2:m_if check="m_LoggedIn"> ... </inp2:m_if> around

<div class="movable-element">
<inp2:m_RenderElement name="platform/elements/side_boxes/recommend_site.elm" design="blue_box"/>
</div>

tag (or tag used to include recommend sidebox).

Posted: 04/10/2017 2:18:08 PM

Reply Quoted  

alex wrote:04/07/2017 2:45:28 PM
You can achieve it by placing <inp2:m_if check="m_LoggedIn"> ... </inp2:m_if> around

<div class="movable-element">
<inp2:m_RenderElement name="platform/elements/side_boxes/recommend_site.elm" design="blue_box"/>
</div>

tag (or tag used to include recommend sidebox).

Thanks but where can I find this Placement? under what file? the only place I see anything that resembles this is in the advanced/platform/search/search_results.tpl.
Suggestions?
Thanks
Dave

Posted: 04/10/2017 6:36:22 PM

Reply Quoted  

I found it... Thanks for the help as I was getting numerous emails from this application stating people were recommending my site but believe this was bogus. I placed it on the inside now people will have to register and login to recommend our site.

Thanks for the help.
Dave