Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / how to get back my logins (username and/or password) to access the admin mode ? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

how to get back my logins (username and/or password) to access the admin mode ? (4)

Posted: 01/11/2017 9:56:30 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello

I would like to update a website that I made 4 years ago but I my logins (username or password) are not working.
I have not (as I recall) made any changes on them.
As there are no "forgot your password" on the admin login page. Is there any solution ?

Thanks for your help

Posted: 01/11/2017 11:22:39 AM

Reply Quoted  

There are few options depending on:

1. what user were you using to login to Admin Console: "root" or another administrative account
2. what version of In-Portal you have

If you're using "root" user, then:

1. copy over "/tools/debug_sample.php" file into "/system/debug.php" file
2. edit "/system/debug.php" and:
- uncomment 'DEBUG_MODE' => 1, line
- specify your IP in the 'DBG_IP' => '... setting
- uncomment 'DBG_RESET_ROOT' => 1, line
3. on Admin Console login screen you should see root password reset link below login form
4. click on that link and new generated root password would be sent to administrator email configured in In-Portal
5. delete /system/debug.php file afterwards

If you're using administrator account, then you can try Forgot Password wizard on Front-End and just specify username/email of your administrator. If administrator account has permissions to login on Front-End of website then this should work as well.

Posted: 01/11/2017 11:25:05 AM

Reply Quoted  

Also if you have access to In-Portal database, then these SQLs should change "root" user password to "root" word:

UPDATE `inp_SystemSettings`
SET VariableValue = MD5( CONCAT(MD5('root'), 'b38') )
WHERE VariableName = 'RootPass';

TRUNCATE TABLE inp_SystemCache;

Replace "inp_" with your table prefix.

Posted: 01/11/2017 2:21:35 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Alex thanks a lot you were a great help :-)