Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / scheduled task not working / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

scheduled task not working (4)

Posted: 08/20/2014 9:06:50 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Guys,

I noticed that my scheduled task in the admin are not working.
any idea what may have caused this or how to reset them?

Dave

Posted: 08/20/2014 9:26:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

It depends on how you configured them.

If they are executed via CRON, then check if Cron Job on server is present and working. If you're not using CRON (which is bad), then Scheduled tasks are only executed if you have visitors on website. In such case checking on scheduled tasks of interest (ones you think are not working) might be a good idea. In particular tasks that have started long time ago and have Running status are probably long dead and needs to be Cancelled (via Toolbar Button).

Posted: 08/20/2014 11:52:39 AM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks,

Not sure why but everything was working fine until i noticed that when a user has expired. they are still listed as a user and able to still login. It used to check the membership and remove them from Members groups when their expiry date came up..

I just cancelled these and reset them. Will check to see if this works.
Thanks. Never thought to try and cancel. ;-\

This is strange,.
Dave

Posted: 08/20/2014 1:23:38 PM

Reply Quoted  

contestcanada wrote:08/20/2014 11:52:39 AM
Thanks,

Not sure why but everything was working fine until i noticed that when a user has expired. they are still listed as a user and able to still login. It used to check the membership and remove them from Members groups when their expiry date came up..

I just cancelled these and reset them. Will check to see if this works.
Thanks. Never thought to try and cancel. ;-\

This is strange,.
Dave

By Cancelling the task and restarting them in the admin fixed the issue. not sure why they were locked in the running state but seems to have rectified the issued,

Thanks
Dave