Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Issues with latest version of In-bulletin / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Issues with latest version of In-bulletin (4)

Posted: 11/20/2013 10:24:58 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Folks,

I noticed in the latest version 5.2.0 in-bulletin topics do not change from high-lighted to gray once viewed. Is there a fix for this? This was an issue in the earlier versions but still seems to be an issue in 5.2.0.

This is the only way members can keep up with the posted messages without going thru them all every time they log in. Suggestions?

cheers and thanks
DAve

Posted: 11/21/2013 2:10:35 AM

Reply Quoted  

I don't think, that we're tracking individual "viewed" status for each topic and user. Maybe you can achieve this through CSS, where clicked topic links are displayed in different style. This way browser will keep track of them.

What surely must work is "new topics/posts in forum" icon next to forum categories. It works by comparing last user login date with topic/post date. This way it's easily to spot what was added since last user login.

Posted: 11/21/2013 11:58:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Alex,

Not sure 100% on what you mean, Looking at my old site, version 4.2.0 when someone visits a new post within a topic, the icon of the topic is orange, when there are no new posts in a topic the icon of the topic is grey.

I would assume this is how it should work in the new version? all my icons are orange and do not change to grey once visited.

am I incorrect in my assumption?
dave

Posted: 01/08/2014 6:45:40 AM

Reply Quoted  

contestcanada wrote:11/21/2013 11:58:55 AM
Hi Alex,

Not sure 100% on what you mean, Looking at my old site, version 4.2.0 when someone visits a new post within a topic, the icon of the topic is orange, when there are no new posts in a topic the icon of the topic is grey.

I would assume this is how it should work in the new version? all my icons are orange and do not change to grey once visited.

am I incorrect in my assumption?
dave

Plus if you look at the Forums, at the top states
~orange folder "Forum has new posts"
~Grey Folder "Forum has no new posts"
~Grey with Lock "Forum is locked for posting"

This is the way it worked in older versions. Is this not the case with Version 5.2.0?

Please advise.