Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / User Permissions? Posting links/articles / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

User Permissions? Posting links/articles (2)

Posted: 06/02/2011 10:26:15 PM

Reply Quoted  

running the newest in-portal with inlink.
when a user signs up i notice that they are able to add links (and articles) that post immediately with no review.

It says "suggest link" or what not. I want to be able to review the link or article that a user who signs up posts. Is there a way that links and article can be "pending review" I see no such option? Seems like an important function... does this function exist? Am I missing something?

Also is there information somewhere that shows the explanations for settings etc.. this seems to really be lacking and I would not have to ask so many questions if there was just some kind of manual or SOMETHING... I hate having to badger you guys every time I come across something!

Posted: 06/06/2011 10:45:34 AM

Reply Quoted  

helmhound wrote:06/02/2011 10:26:15 PM
running the newest in-portal with inlink.
when a user signs up i notice that they are able to add links (and articles) that post immediately with no review.

It says "suggest link" or what not. I want to be able to review the link or article that a user who signs up posts. Is there a way that links and article can be "pending review" I see no such option? Seems like an important function... does this function exist? Am I missing something?

Also is there information somewhere that shows the explanations for settings etc.. this seems to really be lacking and I would not have to ask so many questions if there was just some kind of manual or SOMETHING... I hate having to badger you guys every time I come across something!

Hello there,

Sure, it's possible to change this via Category Permissions. The idea is that these settings are Category specific so you can set them different on different Category levels. To change it you need to Edit the category (ie. Directory) and switch to Permissions tab. There you select your module and enable setting Add Pending Links [LINKS.ADD.PENDING] and disable LINKS.ADD one. Make sure to click save and you are all set.

Let me know if any issues.

Thanks.