Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Registration - Email activation is timing out. / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Registration - Email activation is timing out. (4)

Posted: 06/01/2011 11:23:13 PM

Reply Quoted  

I registered a test user this afternoon. I went to activate it with the email activation that was sent later that night. My site responded by saying it was expired.

I can't find out where to change this. PLEASE HELP.

The activation time period is too short!

Thanks

Posted: 06/02/2011 4:55:33 AM

Reply Quoted  

The activation period is 1 hour hardcoded.

We also noticed that problem and created a fix in http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=1044 task.

You can ask In-Portal Support Team to apply that patch for you. This patch also requires some changed in the database to be made.

Since it's not scheduled to any upcoming release, then most probably upgrading to newest In-Portal version will erase this applied patch.

Posted: 06/02/2011 11:04:54 AM

Reply Quoted  

Well who do I ask to apply the patch?
Can you do it? Or can I with instructions?
How do I go about getting this done?

I also noticed the patch includes a reset password link.. would that be working also after the patch?

Please let me know.. It is very annoying!

Thanks..

alex wrote:06/02/2011 4:55:33 AM
The activation period is 1 hour hardcoded.

We also noticed that problem and created a fix in http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=1044 task.

You can ask In-Portal Support Team to apply that patch for you. This patch also requires some changed in the database to be made.

Since it's not scheduled to any upcoming release, then most probably upgrading to newest In-Portal version will erase this applied patch.

Posted: 06/06/2011 10:49:50 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

This bug will has been moved to upcoming In-Portal 5.1.3 release, but not that first will be out In-Portal 5.1.3-Beta1 (in approximately 1 week).

Thanks.