Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / inportal install issues / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

inportal install issues (3)

Posted: 05/31/2011 7:06:01 AM

Reply Quoted  

my host would not let me upload the following files:

\in-portal\themes\default\.smsignore
\in-portal\themes\default\designs\.smsignore
\in-portal\themes\tools\fix_perms.sh
\in-portal\themes\tools\clearcache.sh
\in-portal\core\editor\dialog\fck_spellerpages\spellerpages\server-scripts\spellchecker.pl

now when i install it. it gets to the select default theme step and when i hit continue the page goes white. the install is at http://grminecraft.zxq.net/
any help you can offer would be great

Posted: 05/31/2011 3:09:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

I guess there is some protection against hidden file (file that starts with ".") and shell script (file that has ".sh" extension) upload.

That white screen isn't related to inability to upload those files. Please look into error log of your webserver.

I guess you miss some PHP modules, like CURL, GD or something like that.

And after what Step you get white screen?

Posted: 05/31/2011 7:04:38 PM

Reply Quoted  

i select default theme on step 8 then hit continue and white screen. nothing happens after that. the in-portal appears to be installed but it has no functionality and the other pages dont work.

so step 9 never shows up