Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Search function on custom fields / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Search function on custom fields (3)

Posted: 03/06/2010 12:08:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am having trouble gettin the search function to work properly on custom fields.

In particular I have the custom field of state..

If I spell out the state word and put in the description field then it will pick it up... otherwise it does not pick it up from the custom field of state.

It does not find the state if I try the TX or the texas for example. I have to include the search of the description field and make sure that I duplicate the information but puting this in both the desription and the state field... so really the custom field is only showing as a nice display function but not as an improved search item..

I know that searching is a complex issue. Can anyone help with perspective on this.

Posted: 03/07/2010 1:43:13 PM

Reply Quoted  

I've checked that on 5.0.2 version. It seems that it was fixed there, because I've searched for "illi" and I found link, who has set "Illinois" set (from dropdown) to LinkState custom field.

I recommend upgrade to latest version to make sure to have all latest bugfixes.

I've checked our issue tracker and it's 0000078: Make Custom Fields Searchable issue, that was fixed in 5.0.0 version. Based on issues you come up with you are probably using pre 5.x version, like of 4.3.9 or something like that.

Posted: 03/20/2010 10:39:16 AM

Reply Quoted  

Great idea! I really wish that I would have heard this idea before..

I am a little afraid to upgrade right now since I have had so many problems. I want to get some other issues resolved... like whether I will be able to add my amazon and google advertising... Once these are solved..then I will go ahead and upgrade..

Very happy to know that his one is not an issue... Thanks so much for your help with this.

alex wrote:03/07/2010 1:43:13 PM
I've checked that on 5.0.2 version. It seems that it was fixed there, because I've searched for "illi" and I found link, who has set "Illinois" set (from dropdown) to LinkState custom field.

I recommend upgrade to latest version to make sure to have all latest bugfixes.

I've checked our issue tracker and it's 0000078: Make Custom Fields Searchable issue, that was fixed in 5.0.0 version. Based on issues you come up with you are probably using pre 5.x version, like of 4.3.9 or something like that.