Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Problems installing In-Link Directory Management Script / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Problems installing In-Link Directory Management Script (4)

Posted: 01/26/2010 2:52:47 PM

Reply Quoted  

The script has been uploaded and unpacked unto the server (www.) without a problem (all files are in the server) but whenever I implement the installation procedure (/core/install.php) into my internet browser it does not work. When I try to follow the path on my interent browser to where the install.php file is located on my server (/in-portal/in-link/install.php) that doesn't work either.

I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with MySQL database, but there is one that has already been created(before I uploaded and unpacked this script), not specifically for in-portal but there is one available. Because your script installation instructions says to skip this stage if a MySQL database is already setup, I haven't bothered with creating another one. And even if this was required, I wouldn't know where to begin as I am not computer savvy and therefore don't really know how to create one or link a MySQL database to script files.

The next step in the installation process -- according to the In-Portal Script installation instructions -- is "to proceed with the installation of In-Portal through your web browser. In your web browser go to the URL where you uploaded In-portal followed by “/core/install.php”. But as mentioned before, when I try to do that, it's to no avail.

Posted: 01/29/2010 11:51:16 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi there,

Sorry for little delay with replying here.

I have noticed you already submitted another topic in installation and upgrades section so not sure if this one is still active, but I'll reply.

There only one In-Portal installation script that needs to be run and it's located at http://www.your-in-portal.com/[path-to-inportal/]core/install.php

Note that all other install.php files that you see inside other modules are all loaded automatically by main installation script listed above. We are not suppose to touch them.

Now about your problem. What kind of error you are getting when accessing your installation script?

Thanks!

Posted: 02/12/2010 3:17:01 AM

Reply Quoted  

I also have problems with installation. I've unzipped and moved all files to root, but when I try and install I get the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@myhoney.co.za and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.myhoney.co.za Port 80

Can you maybe give me some help.

Posted: 02/12/2010 1:38:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi John,

Thanks for downloading and trying In-Portal.

If you don't mind reposting your Issue in Installation & Upgrade category since this is one is actually related to issue with adding In-Link module to already working In-Portal.

Also, please post if this is the file you are executing for installation on your site - core/install.php?

Thanks.