Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Changing Permissions? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Changing Permissions? (2)

Posted: 05/30/2008 3:16:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

So, I have been put in charge of our in-portal project at work, even though I have no idea how things like this work. I'll probably have a lot of questions in the coming days, but for now, I have a problem.. Under the catalog tab, I opened the directory and added various categories. In the admin view, they appear, but when I go to through the front end, everything is blank. I can view them in the advanced view from the admin interface as well, but I can't seem to get them to show up on the frontend no matter what I do. I saw a similar posting regarding this, and the user said that they changed the permissions. I've tried that, and the permission changes won't take effect in the directory tab, I think because they have to be changed in the home tab. However, under "home" I can't find anything regarding permissions. Does anyone have any suggestions, before I throw my computer and the two flat screen monitors out the window?
Thanks!
Jill

Posted: 06/20/2008 7:29:03 PM

Reply Quoted  

JillJ wrote:05/30/2008 3:16:40 PM
So, I have been put in charge of our in-portal project at work, even though I have no idea how things like this work. I'll probably have a lot of questions in the coming days, but for now, I have a problem.. Under the catalog tab, I opened the directory and added various categories. In the admin view, they appear, but when I go to through the front end, everything is blank. I can view them in the advanced view from the admin interface as well, but I can't seem to get them to show up on the frontend no matter what I do. I saw a similar posting regarding this, and the user said that they changed the permissions. I've tried that, and the permission changes won't take effect in the directory tab, I think because they have to be changed in the home tab. However, under "home" I can't find anything regarding permissions. Does anyone have any suggestions, before I throw my computer and the two flat screen monitors out the window?
Thanks!
Jill

Hello Jill,

Sorry about some delay with getting back to you.

Please provide a UTL to your installation if this is possible so I can take a look.

Also, what version of In-portal you are using?

Thanks.