Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Language translation / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Language translation (5)

Posted: 01/30/2006 3:43:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello there, I like your portal system since its very beginning yet there are a few things that are damn frustrating in my opinion.

After a while not caring much about my website (sigh... work is draining my time) I started from scratch translating the whole InPortal into italian because I found out that too many things changed over time to just upgrade the .lang file them one version at a time.

In this very moment I got stuck almost at the beginning of the whole process that would otherwise take just a couple of days of translating and checking: I have a language (the italian package) that's the perfect copy of the english one.

My problems is: a long time ago I was used to open a pop up window, translate the string and click on "next" to modify the next one. Now I don't seem to be able to have that pop-up anymore.

Even going back to a situation in which the popup can be opened, is there a way to modify just the front-end strings pushing the "next" button (in the previous releases there were chances that you could find the admin stuff mixed with the frontend)?

I add that I have the latest release of all your modules and I made a fresh install.

Thankyou for your solutions,
Federico Stango

[Edited By MrDisaster on 01/30/06 6:43:33 PM]

Posted: 01/31/2006 9:25:58 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Federico,

Thanks for brining this up. We are going to add this back in our next release (already had few other users saying the same thing).

Thanks again.

Posted: 03/08/2006 7:12:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

Doh.... wasn't this supposed to be included into this new release?
No trace of it so far...

Posted: 04/26/2006 5:39:16 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry, any news about adding once again the "multi" string editor we used to have in the previous versions of InPortal?
You wrote it would be added again in the "next release" but it all was more than 2 releases ago.

I really feel that a feature like that would simplify life for the ones like me that are trying to have a new language added to InPortal. I mean... I'm currently working on the italian version that I had to redo from scratch while I can easily produce even the german version but I'm really afraid of wasting my time clicking around to edit every single string a few thousand times.

Please help with that... maybe a pop up page opening with 10-20 strings to edit at a time??

Thanks,
Fred

[Edited By MrDisaster on 04/26/06 5:43:24 AM]

Posted: 05/04/2006 10:38:07 AM

Reply Quoted  

MrDisaster wrote:04/26/2006 5:39:16 AM
Hi Dmitry, any news about adding once again the "multi" string editor we used to have in the previous versions of InPortal?
You wrote it would be added again in the "next release" but it all was more than 2 releases ago.

I really feel that a feature like that would simplify life for the ones like me that are trying to have a new language added to InPortal. I mean... I'm currently working on the italian version that I had to redo from scratch while I can easily produce even the german version but I'm really afraid of wasting my time clicking around to edit every single string a few thousand times.

Please help with that... maybe a pop up page opening with 10-20 strings to edit at a time??

Thanks,
Fred

[Edited By MrDisaster on 04/26/06 5:43:24 AM]

Hello Federico,

I'll make sure to look into this and try my best include it in end May release. Sorry, our next release is already closed and will be out in a week.

Thanks.