Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Forum Suggestion / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Forum Suggestion (4)

Posted: 10/14/2005 9:16:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hey -
Is there a way to "preview" your post before adding in Forum ... that would be a great feature, and most forums/message boards allow you to do that now ... especially to make sure your bbcode, etc., is correct, links or formatting displays correctly, etc.

If so - how do you do it ... if not, can that be added as a "suggestion"?

Thanks,
FRED

Posted: 10/17/2005 5:10:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

fmckinnon wrote:10/14/2005 9:16:55 AM
Hey -
Is there a way to "preview" your post before adding in Forum ... that would be a great feature, and most forums/message boards allow you to do that now ... especially to make sure your bbcode, etc., is correct, links or formatting displays correctly, etc.

If so - how do you do it ... if not, can that be added as a "suggestion"?

Thanks,
FRED

Hello Fred,

Thanks for taking time and submitting new feature request. I'll make sure to add it to the "Wish List".

Thanks again!

Posted: 10/18/2005 4:44:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry -
Are we certain the "email reply" function works? I've checked the box when I originally posted to receive email when you respond, but I've never gotten an email ... this also seems to be the case on my demo account?

Thanks,
Fred

Posted: 11/03/2005 10:25:24 AM

Reply Quoted  

fmckinnon wrote:10/18/2005 4:44:46 PM
Dmitry -
Are we certain the "email reply" function works? I've checked the box when I originally posted to receive email when you respond, but I've never gotten an email ... this also seems to be the case on my demo account?

Thanks,
Fred

Hi fmckinnon,

Sorry we didn't reply earlier. The 'email reply' function was indeed now working. The problem has been fixed in the new In-Portal version - 1.1.2, so I encourage you to update your installation.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Update: I just checked and it seems the bug fix did not make it to version 1.1.2. However, here is the info on how to fix your In-Portal installation: The email is not being sent, because there is no text in the message of the email. To put text in the message: Go to Admin Console -> Configuration -> Regional, check the primary language, click 'Edit' and, on the next screen, click on the 'Email Events' tab. The event you are looking for is the 'Post Added' or 'Post Modified' depending on what exact user action you want the message sent. Use the search to find one of these events, then select it, click 'Edit' and put a subject line and some message in the body of the email. A suggested format is:
----------------------
New reply has been added to one of your posts:

<inp:topic _field="text" /> - <inp:topic _field="link" _Template="inbulletin/post_list" />
----------------------

Thanks!

[Edited By dimitarn on 11/03/05 3:35:05 PM]