Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Custom fields and checkboxes / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Custom fields and checkboxes (16)

Posted: 07/18/2005 2:23:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I am adding radio buttons and checkboxes to my profile page using the custom fields. The radio buttons are working perfectly. The checkboxes work, as in they make changes to the database, but I cannot return a 'checked' value to my form.

Here is the code for one of my checkboxes:

<inp:m_form_checkbox _field="fieldcustom_AMEL" _Form="m_acctinfo" type="check" _Value="1" Custom="1" />

Any Ideas?

Posted: 07/18/2005 11:57:39 AM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:07/18/2005 2:23:00 AM
I am adding radio buttons and checkboxes to my profile page using the custom fields. The radio buttons are working perfectly. The checkboxes work, as in they make changes to the database, but I cannot return a 'checked' value to my form.

Here is the code for one of my checkboxes:

<inp:m_form_checkbox _field="fieldcustom_AMEL" _Form="m_acctinfo" type="check" _Value="1" Custom="1" />

Any Ideas?

Hello lhornaday,

Did you try it this way?

<inp:m_form_checkbox _field="fieldcustom_AMEL&quot_Form="m_acctinfo&quotCustom="1&quot/>

Thanks.

Posted: 07/18/2005 1:29:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

It didn't work that way either

I am showing the custom field under the general tab in the admin panel and I can see that the changes are still being made through my form. I am using a drop-down menu in the admin panel to show if the box is checked or not:

1=lu_yes,0=lu_no

The In-tag library has this under m_form_checkbox :

_Value[bool] If true, the radio button is CHECKED

Should I have _Value="1" so that when the box has been checked, the statement is true and the checkbox will continue to be checked? I have tried it in several ways with no luck

Have checkboxes been tested with In-Portal? I am wondering if it is me or a bug.

Posted: 07/19/2005 12:08:17 PM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:07/18/2005 1:29:30 PM
It didn't work that way either

I am showing the custom field under the general tab in the admin panel and I can see that the changes are still being made through my form. I am using a drop-down menu in the admin panel to show if the box is checked or not:

1=lu_yes,0=lu_no

The In-tag library has this under m_form_checkbox :

_Value[bool] If true, the radio button is CHECKED

Should I have _Value="1" so that when the box has been checked, the statement is true and the checkbox will continue to be checked? I have tried it in several ways with no luck

Have checkboxes been tested with In-Portal? I am wondering if it is me or a bug.

Hello Luke,

I checked the code and tried it on my local version and everything seems to be just fine. Simply make sure to put the exact [b]customfield name in _Field as field parameter in that tag - no prefixes are necessary.

Thanks.

Posted: 07/19/2005 3:13:47 PM

Reply Quoted  

I renamed my custom filed in the admin panel and on the front end to a different name and it works

The problem I was having was going back later and not having all of the previous information retrieved from the database to prefill my custom fields in my form.

All I changed was fieldcustom_AMEL to fieldcustom_lowercaseletters

Then I did it with all 8 checboxes and a text field and got the same result. Go figure.

Radio Buttons and drop-down menus worked anyway.

All that matters is that it works and I'm happy once again

Thanks, and I'll be back if something breaks

- Luke
- http://allpilots.com

Posted: 08/02/2005 1:22:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

Please Anyone,

I'm back to square one. I am still trying to use the 'update profile' form to enter data into a user's custom fields.

I can display the value easily with <inp:m_user_field ..>

What I cannot do is get a form field to return a correct value. I can save information with my form but the next time I revisit, the form will not load the value. A text input box will preload "Array". It works well from the admin panel but not from the frontend.

See on the website through the 'My Profile' link:

http://allpilots.com
user:aaa
Pass: bbbbb

The input box will return 'array' while I have the actual value of the last submission displayed under it with: <inp:m_user_field _Field="custom" _Customfield="fieldcustom_types" />

- Luke

Posted: 08/02/2005 9:20:54 AM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:08/02/2005 1:22:19 AM
Please Anyone,

I'm back to square one. I am still trying to use the 'update profile' form to enter data into a user's custom fields.

I can display the value easily with <inp:m_user_field ..>

What I cannot do is get a form field to return a correct value. I can save information with my form but the next time I revisit, the form will not load the value. A text input box will preload "Array". It works well from the admin panel but not from the frontend.

See on the website through the 'My Profile' link:

http://allpilots.com
user:aaa
Pass: bbbbb

The input box will return 'array' while I have the actual value of the last submission displayed under it with: <inp:m_user_field _Field="custom" _Customfield="fieldcustom_types" />

- Luke

Hello Luke,

The code looks good to me. I might need an FTP access to your In-portal files to check this directly. You can submit it in a support ticket.

Thanks.

Posted: 08/07/2005 10:48:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry

Thanks for your help! Did you fix my local machine though? I didn't notice any changes.

Posted: 08/08/2005 9:19:59 AM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:08/07/2005 10:48:19 AM
Dmitry

Thanks for your help! Did you fix my local machine though? I didn't notice any changes.

Hello Luke,

Yes I fixed it and replied in your ticket.

Thanks.

Posted: 08/08/2005 7:37:26 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks, I did see your reply in the ticket. I am just confused as to why my site still is not workng. I'll work on it a while longer tonight and hopefully come up with something.

Page:  1 2