Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Template Help Requested / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Template Help Requested (2)

Posted: 05/30/2005 12:07:20 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi all!

I'm trying to modify the default template and I'm hoping someone can give me an answer on how to do this.

I would like all links to point to the detail page that would include a picture. (If it helps visualize - You can download ebooks, so I add the covers). From this detail page, I have two options available, PDB and LIT. (ebook formats for download)

I just saw how to add the inlink to be displayed on the main page which I will do. If someone can give me the pointers on how to fix the link redirection to the detail page and a simple note on how to include the multiple download links I would appreciate it.

email is at steele at pdabooks.org

Thanks!

Posted: 05/31/2005 9:57:42 AM

Reply Quoted  

SteeleSmith wrote:05/30/2005 12:07:20 PM
Hi all!

I'm trying to modify the default template and I'm hoping someone can give me an answer on how to do this.

I would like all links to point to the detail page that would include a picture. (If it helps visualize - You can download ebooks, so I add the covers). From this detail page, I have two options available, PDB and LIT. (ebook formats for download)

I just saw how to add the inlink to be displayed on the main page which I will do. If someone can give me the pointers on how to fix the link redirection to the detail page and a simple note on how to include the multiple download links I would appreciate it.

email is at steele at pdabooks.org

Thanks!

Hello,

First, open your inlink/index/link_element.tpl and inlink/link_element.tpl templates and change

<inp:link _field="redirect&quot/>

to

<inp:link _field="link&quot_template="inlink/detail&quot/>

. This will fix the redirect.

In regards to URLs, I would recommend to setup a Link Custom field (text one) for the second URL. Please refer to the FAQ section which describes how to do that.

Thanks.