Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / No keywords or descriptions showing on homepage / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

No keywords or descriptions showing on homepage (6)

Posted: 05/18/2005 5:05:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi again!

I have just been submitting theDairectory.co.uk to search engines and noticed that nothing shows for description or keywords on any of the pages eventhough i populated the keyword and description fields for main directory and all sub cats.

I then amended the head.tpl with keywords and description and these then showed up on every page - I assumed that the purpose of adding keywords and descriptions to the categories was to show this info on the relevant page to help with SEO????

I obviously missed something??

Cheers
brinley

Posted: 05/18/2005 10:33:18 AM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:05/18/2005 5:05:23 AM
Hi again!

I have just been submitting theDairectory.co.uk to search engines and noticed that nothing shows for description or keywords on any of the pages eventhough i populated the keyword and description fields for main directory and all sub cats.

I then amended the head.tpl with keywords and description and these then showed up on every page - I assumed that the purpose of adding keywords and descriptions to the categories was to show this info on the relevant page to help with SEO????

Cheers
brinley

Hello,

There are two tags for this - <inp:m_meta_keywords /> and <inp:m_meta_description />

Thanks.

Posted: 05/18/2005 12:05:38 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:05/18/2005 10:33:18 AM
miura wrote:05/18/2005 5:05:23 AM
Hi again!

Cheers
brinley

Hello,

There are two tags for this - <inp:m_meta_keywords /> and <inp:m_meta_description />

Thanks.

Worked a treat on the category pages but not on the Homepage - which i think is because i have made In-link my homepage - any ideas?

Cheers
Brinley

[Edited By miura on 05/18/05 12:17:47 PM]

Posted: 05/19/2005 10:22:37 AM

Reply Quoted  

I'll look into that and let you know shortly.

Thanks.

Posted: 06/03/2005 2:28:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:05/19/2005 10:22:37 AM

Thanks.

There is another problem with keywords etc

on the pages they are displayed on they are created without the necessary titles of keywords and description.

<meta name="Web directory of links to Welsh holiday & travel websites." />
<meta name="Welsh Holiday & Travel" />

Can you please look into this small but very significant issues asap

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 06/03/2005 10:09:33 AM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:06/03/2005 2:28:19 AM
Dmitry wrote:05/19/2005 10:22:37 AM

Thanks.

There is another problem with keywords etc

on the pages they are displayed on they are created without the necessary titles of keywords and description.

<meta name="Web directory of links to Welsh holiday & travel websites." />
<meta name="Welsh Holiday & Travel" />

Can you please look into this small but very significant issues asap

Cheers
Brinley

Brinley,

Sorry about the delay.

There is small bug which causes this problem with returning Keyword and Description on the Home page. This will be fixed in next release. Please open a support ticket and submit your FTP info if you want me to fix it see how hard it's to fix in your version.

Thanks.