Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Upgrade in-portal 1.0.10 issue / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Upgrade in-portal 1.0.10 issue (6)

Posted: 04/19/2005 6:10:30 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi!

I just unpgraded inportal to v 1.0.10 and it caused some issues - so much so we had to revert to the backup we made. (

Firstly the categories didnt show up on the homepage - but showed up if you type index.php after the url but not if the standrad url is used ie dairectory.co.uk?????
Secondly: It also dropped the last two categories so they didnt appear on any of the pages either.

I have since reverted to our backup copy and it is working fine - but it gave us a bit of a scare :(

Also the SQL upgrade for In-portal 1.0.10 came back with an error - sorry but i didnt have time to note it down as i was trying feverishly to get the site backup installed.

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 04/19/2005 9:34:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:04/19/2005 6:10:30 AM
Hi!

I just unpgraded inportal to v 1.0.10 and it caused some issues - so much so we had to revert to the backup we made. (

Firstly the categories didnt show up on the homepage - but showed up if you type index.php after the url but not if the standrad url is used ie dairectory.co.uk?????
Secondly: It also dropped the last two categories so they didnt appear on any of the pages either.

I have since reverted to our backup copy and it is working fine - but it gave us a bit of a scare :(

Also the SQL upgrade for In-portal 1.0.10 came back with an error - sorry but i didnt have time to note it down as i was trying feverishly to get the site backup installed.

Cheers
Brinley

Hello Brinley,

I recommend to make an exact copy of your live version somewhere on aside (different sub-folder) and perform the upgrade step by step one more time. Make sure to write down all the error messages. Also, make a copy of your default theme (name it something like default_bak) and see if initial default theme (comes with last distribution) will work fine.

Let me how did it go.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/19/2005 9:55:15 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:04/19/2005 9:34:00 AM
miura wrote:04/19/2005 6:10:30 AM
Hi!

Cheers
Brinley

Hello Brinley,

I recommend to make an exact copy of your live version somewhere on aside (different sub-folder) and perform the upgrade step by step one more time. Make sure to write down all the error messages. Also, make a copy of your default theme (name it something like default_bak) and see if initial default theme (comes with last distribution) will work fine.

Let me how did it go.

Thanks.

Hi Dmitry

We have created a new template for the Dairectory and we have changed nothing in the otherfiles outside themes so I just uploaded the in-portal as i did the previous upgrade last week - which worked fine.

My only concern with upgrading again is that it kight bring the site down again and i dont want to do that with the live site at them moment as we have a lot of people visiting.

Is there a means of closing the site down for maintenance/upgrade while we try the upgrade or not just so that visitors know whats happening - if not i'll probrabky leavethe upgrade to a slack visitor period and then try it again - probrably the weekend.

When i do i'll copy the code of pages if they dont show properly as well as note any sql errors for you.

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 05/07/2005 6:17:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry

I have decided not to bother with the upgrade until this issue is resolved by yourselves as it may cause downtime on the server which I cant afford to do at the moment.

Have you looked at duplicating this problem with a test site that has link categories on the homepage?

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 05/24/2005 9:54:01 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry

Finally got round to upgrading to in-portal and it still does not show the categories on the homepage

Dairectory Home page

It looks as if it cannot find inlink/index/categories_main_dir.tpl -

I will leave it up for a day so that you can have a look to see if you can figure what the problem is.

Also their are two categories missing from the hompage list. I reverted to the deault template and discovered that they didnt show up on the first page but both appeared on the second page so somehow they are being Paginated ?????

A speedy response to this problem would be appreciated

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 05/24/2005 11:46:54 AM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:05/24/2005 9:54:01 AM
Hi Dmitry

Finally got round to upgrading to in-portal and it still does not show the categories on the homepage

Dairectory Home page

It looks as if it cannot find inlink/index/categories_main_dir.tpl -

I will leave it up for a day so that you can have a look to see if you can figure what the problem is.

Also their are two categories missing from the hompage list. I reverted to the deault template and discovered that they didnt show up on the first page but both appeared on the second page so somehow they are being Paginated ?????

A speedy response to this problem would be appreciated

Cheers
Brinley

Hello,

Please submit a support ticket and list FTP info, so we can access you In-portal files.

Thanks.