Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Categories and Registertabs / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Categories and Registertabs (4)

Posted: 04/14/2005 11:34:05 AM

Reply Quoted  

When creating new categories is also new Registertabs put on?

Thanks for Infos

Sokrates

Posted: 04/14/2005 12:43:58 PM

Reply Quoted  

Sokrates wrote:04/14/2005 11:34:05 AM

Thanks for Infos

Sokrates

Hello,

Sorry, could you please be more specific? What do you mean by "Registertabs". Front End or Admin?

Thanks.

Posted: 04/15/2005 2:29:29 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:04/14/2005 12:43:58 PM
Sokrates wrote:04/14/2005 11:34:05 AM

Thanks for Infos

Sokrates

Hello,

Sorry, could you please be more specific? What do you mean by "Registertabs". Front End or Admin?

Thanks.

Hello,

i mean Registertabs in Frontend as "Forum" , "Home", "My Account" etc.for example. I think, by creating new Categories will create new Registertabs also automatikcally (like a Content-Management-System works)

The reason is, i would like create a additional Tab named "Special" for exampel for my own data, which should shown the user.

I hope you can understand me?

O.k.
Have a nice day

Sokrates

Posted: 04/15/2005 12:43:19 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

Yes, I do understand what you mean now!

Well, the top bar with Home, Directory, Forums, News and MyAccount labels is part which is designed in "default/common/pagetop.tpl" template. There is a tag <inp:mod_include _Template="menubar_element" /> which parses [module]/menubar_element.tpl templates based on installed Modules (i.e. default/inlink/menubar_element.tpl). All links to those labels are build dynamically based on Module Root Category (defined in Admin Consle). My Account and Home are static label.

In your case, you can create a new category on in the Admin, add the text to "default/common/pagetop.tpl" and link to it using the following tag - <a href="<inp:m_template_link _Template="index.tpl" _Category="[CatIdHERE!]" />"><inp:m_language _Phrase="lu_home" /></a>

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.